Gateway LCD Monitor Problem

Scott

My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
monitor. It's served me well.

What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

Thanks!
Scott

Ben Myers

Scott wrote:
> My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
> Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
> lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
> monitor. It's served me well.
>
> What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

Scott

Ben Myers wrote:

> Scott wrote:
> > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
> > Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
> > lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
> > monitor. It's served me well.
> >
> > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Scott

> Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
> annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
> name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

Ben,

I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
nVidia video card.

Scott

Ben Myers

Scott wrote:

> Ben Myers wrote:
>> Scott wrote:
>>> My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
>>> Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
>>> lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. I really like this
>>> monitor. It's served me well.
>>>
>>> What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Scott

>> Something electronic inside is wearing out. Use it until it gets too
>> annoying, then replace. LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
>> name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

> Ben,
>
> I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. It's a 4x3 aspect ratio
> and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
> nVidia video card.
>
> Scott

Samsung LCD monitors are generally well regarded. You would likely be
OK with the 943N... Ben

toenail37@lycos.com

On Mar 1, 11:39*pm, Scott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ben Myers wrote:
>
> > Scott wrote:
> > > My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6 years old.
> > > Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've discovered that when I
> > > lightly tap the top of the monitor, the shaking stops. *I really like this
> > > monitor. It's served me well.

> > > What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?

> > > Thanks!
> > > Scott

> > Something electronic inside is wearing out. *Use it until it gets too
> > annoying, then replace. *LCD prices are now low enough (even for good
> > name brands) that it is hardly feasible to try to repair... Ben Myers

> Ben,
>
> I'm looking at the Samsung 943N 19" LCD for $175.00. *It's a 4x3 aspectratio
> and the same resolution as my Gateway monitor, so no problem for my older
> nVidia video card.
>
> Scott

Do some online comparison shopping. Newegg.com has 22" and 21.5"
Samsung LCD monitors for under $200 with free shipping, also look at
mwave.com too. I bought a 28" Hannsg monitor and really like it.
Ron

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Scott typed on Sun, 01 Mar 2009 13:30:49 -0600:
> My Gateway 18.1" FPD1810 LCD monitor with my Win XP desktop is 6
> years old. Every once in awhile, the image starts shaking. I've
> discovered that when I lightly tap the top of the monitor, the
> shaking stops. I really like this monitor. It's served me well.
>
> What's the likely cause? And, is worth getting it fixed?
>
> Thanks!
> Scott

Might be an easy fix. Merely by resetting the plugs inside of the
monitor.

--
Bill
2 Gateway MX6124 - Windows XP SP2

Re: Has anyone had a problem with their LCD monitor waking up from its monitor sleep? Tom ATI 0 10-17-2009 07:12 PM
Re: Has anyone had a problem with their LCD monitor waking up from its monitor sleep? Beckett ATI 0 10-11-2009 09:27 PM
dual view with lcd monitor and lcd tv twobirds Nvidia 3 06-02-2005 01:11 AM
Repair Gateway LCD Monitor JE Gateway 2 05-02-2005 12:36 AM
Gateway FPD1930 LCD monitor BlazeEagle Gateway 0 07-11-2004 05:14 AM