Gateway Modular Bay

BillW50

Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
drives that fits this laptop?

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

BillW50

In news:igpaco$3qr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
> Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay hard
> drives that fits this laptop?

Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or a
model number for one?

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Ken Whiton

*-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
*-* In Article <igt04o$gtj$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
*-* BillW50 wrote
*-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay

> In news:igpaco$3qr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
> BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
>> Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay
>> hard drives that fits this laptop?

> Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or
> a model number for one?

Is this what you're looking for?

<http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=70 31>
(or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

If so, that page has model and part numbers.

If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
and see if they have it.

<http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f0 1a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
(or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: (E-Mail Removed) (remove the obvious to reply)

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
> *-* On Sat, 15 Jan 2011, at 14:30:15 -0600,
> *-* In Article <igt04o$gtj$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> *-* BillW50 wrote
> *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
>
>> In news:igpaco$3qr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
>> BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:
>>> Anybody know where I could get one of those optional Modular Bay
>>> hard drives that fits this laptop?

>> Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number or
>> a model number for one?

> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=70 31>
> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)
>
> If so, that page has model and part numbers.
>
> If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
> and see if they have it.
>
> <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f0 1a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that just
plugs up the modular bay slot. Although I probably should get one of
those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
main battery easy while the laptop is running) and a floppy drive.
Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular bay
carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought no big
rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they just
disappeared from the radar. :-(

That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these Gateways.
Although I will contact them to see what they can come up with. ;-)

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP SP3

Ken Whiton

*-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
*-* In Article <iguvkl$46l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
*-* BillW50 wrote
*-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay

> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
> Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
>> *-* BillW50 wrote

>>> In news:igpaco$3qr$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org,
>>> BillW50 typed on Fri, 14 Jan 2011 05:00:16 -0600:

>>> Okay that went well! ;-) At least does anybody have a part number
>>> or a model number for one?

>> Is this what you're looking for?

>> <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=70 31>
>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

>> If so, that page has model and part numbers.

>> If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
>> and see if they have it.

>> <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f0 1a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

> Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that
> just plugs up the modular bay slot.

I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
than I do. ;-)

> Although I probably should get
> one of those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

> Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
> into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
> main battery easy while the laptop is running)

Most of the links returned by my Google search were
battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
didn't follow them.

> and a floppy drive.
> Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular
> bay carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought
> no big rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they
> just disappeared from the radar. :-(

> That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these
> Gateways. Although I will contact them to see what they can come up
> with. ;-)

That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
that discussion, it's here:

<http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html>.

Here's my Google search results page:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+%22Modular+Bay%22 &aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=>
(or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25>), in case there's something
else there that you can use.

Ken Whiton
--
FIDO: 1:132/152
InterNet: (E-Mail Removed) (remove the obvious to reply)

BillW50

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Ken Whiton typed on Mon, 17 Jan 2011 04:35:37 -0500:
> *-* On Sun, 16 Jan 2011, at 08:33:55 -0600,
> *-* In Article <iguvkl$46l$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> *-* BillW50 wrote
> *-* About Re: Gateway Modular Bay
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed),
>> Ken Whiton typed on Sun, 16 Jan 2011 02:36:13 -0500:
>>> *-* BillW50 wrote

>>> Is this what you're looking for?

>>> <http://www.skyline-eng.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=70 31>
>>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4l8pnjs>)

>>> If so, that page has model and part numbers.

>>> If that's not what you want/need you might contact these people
>>> and see if they have it.

>>> <http://newmodeus.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2&zenid=0580f384f0 1a9aefc2c3398d16db28a8>
>>> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/4a22jha>)

>> Hi Ken! Much thanks! Although the first link is just a blank that
>> just plugs up the modular bay slot.

> I thought it was something like that, but I decided to give you
> the link anyway. After all, you know more about these modular bays
> than I do. ;-)
>
>> Although I probably should get
>> one of those someday to add to my collection. ;-)

>> Currently I have three M465e and besides the optical drives that fit
>> into the modular bay, I have a second battery (makes swapping of the
>> main battery easy while the laptop is running)

> Most of the links returned by my Google search were
> battery-related, but since they didn't appear relevant to your quest I
> didn't follow them.
>
>> and a floppy drive.
>> Besides the blank, I am only missing the second hard drive modular
>> bay carrier. I saw one once on the Internet for sale and I thought
>> no big rush as I could get one later. Although it seems like they
>> just disappeared from the radar. :-(

>> That second link was quite interesting, but nothing for these
>> Gateways. Although I will contact them to see what they can come up
>> with. ;-)

> That link came from a forum discussion that my Google search
> turned up. In case there might be something else you could use in
> that discussion, it's here:
>
> <http://www.notebookforums.com/thread227812.html>.
>
> Here's my Google search results page:
>
> <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=Gateway+%22Modular+Bay%22 &aq=f&aqi=g-v1&aql=&oq=>
> (or <http://preview.tinyurl.com/6c9yt25>), in case there's something
> else there that you can use.
>
> Ken Whiton

Thanks Ken! That looks a lot like something they modified to work in the
modular bay slot. And I got email late last night from the newmodeus
people. And they said they haven't seen a Gateway M465 modular bay yet
and wants some pictures. And they said I might need to use some parts
from one of my optical drives (optical drives are easy to find on eBay
for $20-$25) to make it work with what they have.

Both the optical and the floppy drives use the standard slimline CD/DVD
connector. I assume the hard drive modular bay uses the same one. The
only other connector inside of the bay is a heavy 5 pin connector. And
the only thing I know that uses that connector is the second battery.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Centrino Core2 Duo 1.83G - 2GB - Windows XP