Gateway MX6025 Wireless Mini PCI

confused

The integrated Broadcomm Mini PCI wireless adapter does not have as good
reception as PCMCIA wireless cards that I have tried. Has anyone repalaced
the Broadcomm Mini PCI card that came with the system with an Intel Mini PCI
card? Any improvement seen by doing this?
Thank you.

Ben Myers

I haven't replaced a Broadcom with an Intel miniPCI wifi card, but I can attest
to the excellent reception of the Intel 2200bg. I have installed them in other
brands of notebook computers and/or serviced notebooks with the 2200bg, and it
can pick up 3 other routers in my immediate neighborhood. Other wifi cards
cannot do so... Ben Myers