Patty

I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V? I'm concerned that it might not
run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
into. The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs report
300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
in a board that requires 1.5V AGP? My current card is an oldie, a GeForce
2MX 32MB which works fine, but doesn't have any of the newer video
features. I am not a big gamer, just wanted something a little faster with
good video for photos and DVDs, and I didn't want to spend hundreds of
dollars. Thanks for any info, it is greatly appreciated.

Patty

Ted F

You may have to go into the Mainboards BIOS to change the AGP settings from
4X to 8X.

Both, the Mainboard and Video card goes up to 8X, So, you should not have
any problems switching the AGP settings in the Mainboard BIOS. Aso, make
sure you installed the AGP drivers for the ASUS Mainboard, found on the ASUS
installation CD.

Try "PC WIZARD 2006" to check the current speed of the Video card.
http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

"Patty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1kk9eup73cqs2.c0r51en9xfre$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
> have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
> 1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
> relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
> at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
> that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V? I'm concerned that it might not
> run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
> also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
> Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
> into. The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs
> report
> 300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
> in a board that requires 1.5V AGP? My current card is an oldie, a GeForce
> 2MX 32MB which works fine, but doesn't have any of the newer video
> features. I am not a big gamer, just wanted something a little faster
> with
> good video for photos and DVDs, and I didn't want to spend hundreds of
> dollars. Thanks for any info, it is greatly appreciated.
>
> Patty

Conor

In article <1kk9eup73cqs2.c0r51en9xfre$(E-Mail Removed)>, Patty says...
> I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
> have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
> 1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
> relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
> at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
> that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V?

No. It runs at both. It'll basically run on a motherboard that has a
0.8V AGP slot or one that has a 1.5V AGP slot.

I'm concerned that it might not
> run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
> also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
> Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
> into.

Not all cards need it.

The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs report
> 300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
> in a board that requires 1.5V AGP?

It'll work. It's not a very powerful card so doesn't need whacking
great PSUs.

--
Conor,

Same ****, different day.

Patty

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:05:28 GMT, Ted F wrote:

> You may have to go into the Mainboards BIOS to change the AGP settings from
> 4X to 8X.
>
> Both, the Mainboard and Video card goes up to 8X, So, you should not have
> any problems switching the AGP settings in the Mainboard BIOS. Aso, make
> sure you installed the AGP drivers for the ASUS Mainboard, found on the ASUS
> installation CD.
>
> Try "PC WIZARD 2006" to check the current speed of the Video card.
> http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

Thanks. Yes, I have the current NForce2 AGP drivers installed. Looking at
my manual, I see that the BIOS gives the following settings for AGP: AGP
Spread Spectrum (default Disabled), Graphics Aperture Size (default 64M),
AGP Frequency (default Auto), Voltage (default 1.5v), AGP 8X Support
(default Enabled), and AGP Fast Write Capability (default Enabled) so I
don't think I'll really have to change anything, but we'll see how it goes.

Another question. I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2 and I'm just wondering
about installing the drivers. I'm currently using the GeForce2 MX driver
that came with XP. Should I remove this driver by seleting uninstall in
Device Manager then shutting down the system and installing the new card?
I love that the Installation Guide gives 3 methods of installing the new
driver. If the first (automatically running off the CD) doesn't work, then
manually install off the CD. If that doesn't work then use the "Update
Driver" option on Device Manager. The manual also says to set your old
driver to Standard VGA, but that is not an option in XP that I can see, I
remember doing that in prior versions of Windows. So, I'm guessing I just
uninstall the driver and then proceed from there.

Thanks!

Patty

Patty

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:33:50 +0100, Conor wrote:

> In article <1kk9eup73cqs2.c0r51en9xfre$(E-Mail Removed)>, Patty says...
>> I just purchased an XFX GeForce 6200 AGP card. Model #PV-T44A-WANG. I
>> have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard that has an AGP-Pro slot (AGP 3.0,
>> 1.5V). I also have an Enermax 350w power supply. I can't find many specs
>> relating to voltage for this card, not even on the XFX website. The specs
>> at Tiger Direct were a little confusing, 8X (0.8V)/4X (1.5V). So, does
>> that mean this card only runs 4X at 1.5V?

> No. It runs at both. It'll basically run on a motherboard that has a
> 0.8V AGP slot or one that has a 1.5V AGP slot.
>

> I'm concerned that it might not
>> run on my Asus board. I've seem way too many conflicting specs on the net
>> also. Most say that you need an "available hard disk drive power dongle".
>> Huh? There's no where on my card that I can see that power would plug
>> into.

> Not all cards need it.
>
> The box says minimum power supply is 250w, some website specs report
>> 300w - 350w. Does anyone have this card and have they had sucess with it
>> in a board that requires 1.5V AGP?

> It'll work. It's not a very powerful card so doesn't need whacking
> great PSUs.

Thanks. I wasn't really looking for a real expensive powerful card, I've
been using a GeForce2 MX (which I bought when the GeForce first came out)
and it pretty much took care of my needs. Now, I just wanted to get
something with a bit more RAM and features, such as the Shading, before AGP
cards disappear from the market in favor of PCI-E.

Patty

Question Geforce 6200 VS 6600 VS 6800 Nate Nvidia 6 04-27-2008 06:02 AM
GeForce 6200 Question Tarkus Nvidia 5 05-02-2005 06:42 AM
Geforce 6200 with DVI-VGA Adapter Sharp Nvidia 7 04-16-2005 06:27 AM
Geforce 6200 overclock Sharp Nvidia 8 04-13-2005 12:39 PM
Geforce 6200 coming Ed Light Nvidia 0 12-02-2004 01:16 AM