GeForce 8800GT seems hot

DotCom2

My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
still seems very hot.
What is the normal running temperature of this card?

peter

On this hot 28 degree day with the fan at 30% mine is running at 72 degrees
according to GPU-Z
Just finished playing a mild game.

peter

If you find a posting or message from me offensive,inappropriate or
disruptive,please ignore it. If you dont know how to ignore a posting
complain to me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate :-)
"DotCom2" wrote in message news:i49fl7$dp7$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
still seems very hot.
What is the normal running temperature of this card?

rms

> My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
> still seems very hot.

Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.

rms

DotCom2

I did. It's still running at 154 degrees F at idle.

"rms" wrote in message news:i4boqd$3cl$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
> still seems very hot.

Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.

rms

Homer Jay Simpson

"DotCom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i4c0mo$9ph$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>I did. It's still running at 154 degrees F at idle.
>

> "rms" wrote in message news:i4boqd$3cl$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
>> still seems very hot.

> Vacuum out the heatsink, it's full of dustbunnies.
>
> rms

Your idle temperature of 67.8C (154F) is normal.

I have two EVGA 8800GTS 512 G92 running in 2-way SLI mode. The first card
has an idle temperature of 62C and the second card has an idle temperature
of 69C. Neither card is overclocked and fans are at stock speed of 37%.

Augustus

"DotCom2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:i49fl7$dp7$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> My GeForce 8800GT seems very hot! The fan is working fine on it but it
> still seems very hot.
> What is the normal running temperature of this card?

The Galaxy 8800GT I have in one system runs at about the same
temps.......they are hotter running due to the narrow shrouded fan single
slot design. Blowing it out would help.....increasing default fan speed and
venting the case would too. The fans on these are noisy when ramped up
however.

johns

> What is the normal running temperature of this card?

Mine went up in smoke last year. I called BFG and they
said that 95 degrees C was normal :-) Bullshit. I was
able to cool the thing with a Zalman fan, but the damage
was already done. After it blew, I went to EVGA and
bought a GTX 275 GT. It is much quieter, and idles
at 35 degrees C. I never hear the fan. I do have a door
fan blowing on it, and a fan in front of the case blows
that way too. Also, I removed the slot covers on both
sides of the 275 so that air blows out of the case in
that area. Works great. But caution. The 275 is about
3 feet long :-) It won't fit in a lot of cases.

johns

Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB AOpen 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB Asus 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Virus Virus Virus, Was: HOT HOT HOT Don Taylor Abit 0 11-01-2003 11:23 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman AOpen 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman Chaintech 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM