GeForce FX 5200 vs ati Radeon 9550 power requirements

sav6360@gmail.com

I have read online that these two cards have very low power
requirements:

Geforce FX 5200 256mb AGP and ATI Radeon 9550 256mb AGP

But I cannot determine which one has the - least - power requirements.

Which one pulls the least power?

SV

Phil Weldon

'SV' wrote:
| I have read online that these two cards have very low power
| requirements:
|
| Geforce FX 5200 256mb AGP and ATI Radeon 9550 256mb AGP
|
| But I cannot determine which one has the - least - power requirements.
|
| Which one pulls the least power?
_____

Both of those cards are a bit old for much real information about power
consumption to be left around the internet. Keep in mind that some newer
cards with smaller feature size on the chips can actually use less power
than some older cards.

At
<http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/ati-vs-nv-power_10.html>
you can find information that compare ACTUAL power consumption of some
moderately old nVidia and ATI display adapters.

On the page you can see the numbers for nVidia 5700 models and ATI 9600
models.

Note that a nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra uses less power than the much less
capable nVidia GeForce FX 5950 Ultra.

I would guess that the power usage of the two cards you mention is too low
for the difference to make a difference.

Phil Weldon

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...