getPreferredPacketDescription not receiving properly initialized PACKET_DESCRIPTION

Dan Larner

In C# I issue the call:

preferredpktdesc = m_pdaRecognizer.PreferredPacketDescription;

According to the docs, the recognizer should first receive a
zeroed PACKET_DESCRIPTION, into which it should write the
property and button counts. Next the client side should
allocate space accordingly and call GetPreferredPacketDescription
again to retrieve the actual values.

However, my recognizer receives an obviously non-zeroed
PACKET_DESCRIPTION, and never gets called again with
any allocated space.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

-- Dan

Chris H.

Dan, I believe you want to post to the
microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer newsgroup. This is not the
programming and development newsgroup.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC