Gigabyte 970A-DS3 or Asus M5A 78L-M/USB3

Junior Member

Hi

I recently bought a PC to play Skyrim in the best way I can afford.

The supplier sent the PC but the motherboard did not match the pictures on the Amazon website. He says they 'upgraded' the motherboard but didn't change the pictures.

So after complaining, I can keep the so called 'upgraded' motherboard or send the PC back and get the 'original' motherboard that was pictured on Amazon.

So I can keep a Gigabyte 970A-DS3 or change it for an Asus M5A 78L-M/USB3.

The Gigigabyte has only a few ports on the back (not even a VGA port) but the Asus has a load -including ports for 5.1 surround sound, HDMI, DVI, and loads of things. Does that matter?

I have a decent-ish graphics card with HDMI.

The supplier is trying to convince me the Gigabyte is an upgrade from the Asus. Is he right?

Any advice? Which is actually better?

Junior Member
Location: FL

I looked up some specs. And the guy, whoever you're talking to, is completely wrong. Your MB has 3 PCI-E x16 slots, 4 channels of RAM (up to 32GB). But the other only has 2 PCI-E x16 slots, and 2 channels of RAM (up to 8GB). You have the better board. The only thing the Asus has that you don't is an integrated radeon 3000. Use the spare money to pick up another graphics card to SLI or an even better single-card GPU. And remember that the connections for video really don't matter. There's a splitter for everything out there!

Cheers.

Gigabyte 970A-DS3 or Asus M5A 78L-M/USB3 michaeljones161 Gigabyte 0 05-17-2012 05:59 AM
Gigabyte Gigabyte NX7600GT does it come with a Din to component adaptor ? Home Theatre Guy Gigabyte 0 10-21-2006 07:38 AM
Gigabyte Gigabyte NX7600GT does it come with a Din to component adaptor ? Home Theatre Guy Nvidia 0 10-21-2006 07:37 AM
Gigabyte or Abit or Asus ColBlip Abit 7 03-23-2005 08:07 PM
Re: Asus A/N8X Deluxe and Gigabyte GV-R9700 PRO =?iso-8859-1?B?R2FtZbM=?= Asus 4 07-06-2003 11:40 AM