Gigabyte GA-7VCSV-RH board beep sequence question

The Derfer

Upon reboot (without power-down) of the PC with my Gigabyte GA-7VCSV-
RH board in it,
I hear one long beep followed by two short beeps.

What is the significance of the beep sequence? Where can I find a
listing of the meaning of the
various beep sequences?

Thanks in advance.

-The Derfer

meerkat

"The Derfer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Upon reboot (without power-down) of the PC with my Gigabyte
> GA-7VCSV-
> RH board in it,
> I hear one long beep followed by two short beeps.
>
> What is the significance of the beep sequence? Where can I find a
> listing of the meaning of the
> various beep sequences?

Just done a search for Phnix Server BIOS error codes, and got
no results.
Check the BIOS type when you boot the machine (Bottom r/h
side of screen).

johns

That "might" be the fan not starting quick enough.
Try briefly turning the cpu fan alarm off in the BIOS,
and see if that stops it. If it does, then you'll have to
leave it off. It doesn't beep on cold boot, because
the BIOS is not at that alarm point before the fan
has spun up.

johns

Frank McCoy

In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt The Derfer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Upon reboot (without power-down) of the PC with my Gigabyte GA-7VCSV-
>RH board in it,
>I hear one long beep followed by two short beeps.
>
>What is the significance of the beep sequence? Where can I find a
>listing of the meaning of the
>various beep sequences?
>
>Thanks in advance.

Perhaps this (or one of the links on the page there) might help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power-on_self-test

--
_____
/ ' / ™

MSI Mega 651 - Not booting - Long beep (pause) long beep njohn MSI 2 11-21-2007 05:54 PM
IBM Thinkpad T40 beep with 3 keys pressed simultaneously [keyboard beep key] Haris Laptops 3 03-07-2004 12:05 PM
A7V133-VM + PCI video = BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP? Lost Asus 2 11-13-2003 05:33 AM
BEEP BEEP Apoc Asus 5 10-27-2003 09:22 PM
BE7 - beep , beep beep zero Abit 9 10-07-2003 04:36 PM