Gigabyte, next bios!

mr.blackkatt@gmail.com

Hi Gigabyte,

I've been having problems with my Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R sens i first
got it it's not broken, it just won't work well with my Crucial DDR2
BallistiX PC8500 RAM. I think the problem lies in how the GA-P35C-DS3R
distribute current to the RAM. At default (auto) my RAM get's from
2.0v to ~2,40v witch is WAY over what's needed and recommended and
this will cause my RAM to fail causing BSOD in Windows also corrupting
files at this point.

2.2v is default for ddr2 RAM and should be obtained. Selecting
voltages manual +2v will keep the RAM at 1.9v to ~2.11v This is fine
in Windows BUT after hibernating during the night computer won't boot
at these settings. I have to change to +3v or auto. And as I told you,
this will not work in Windows under pressure. I urge you too fix this
in next coming bios F12 if you want to keep me as a customer thanks.

PS: I fix so that we BallistiX users can run our beloved ram at
1066MHz would be nice too.

kind regards
Blackatt

Hueyduck

(E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
> Hi Gigabyte,
>
> I've been having problems with my Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R sens i first
> got it it's not broken, it just won't work well with my Crucial DDR2
> BallistiX PC8500 RAM.

Hi,

I have the same Mobo as you, adn I had to change my memory brand in
order to get a percetly stable system. Before I make the change, Windows
would launch fine, but would crash if I loaded the CPU for to long a time.
A memtest was showing errors.

You have to realise that your problem might be solved only by changing
you RAM sticks.
This MB is really not compatible with all the brands and models, that is
what I discovered.

Last point: I don't think this usenet forum is read by many Gigabyte
employees, is it?

Huey

Gorby

Hueyduck wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) a écrit :
>> Hi Gigabyte,
>>
>> I've been having problems with my Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R sens i first
>> got it it's not broken, it just won't work well with my Crucial DDR2
>> BallistiX PC8500 RAM.

> Hi,
>
> I have the same Mobo as you, adn I had to change my memory brand in
> order to get a percetly stable system. Before I make the change, Windows
> would launch fine, but would crash if I loaded the CPU for to long a time.
> A memtest was showing errors.
>
> You have to realise that your problem might be solved only by changing
> you RAM sticks.
> This MB is really not compatible with all the brands and models, that is
> what I discovered.
>
> Last point: I don't think this usenet forum is read by many Gigabyte
> employees, is it?
>
> Huey

I'm using the same MB, but I'm using Corsair DHX DDR2 RAM. Four sticks
of fast RAM running at 4-4-4-12. I've upped the RAM voltage just a tad,
as recommended. I'm starting to play with overclocking (CPU = C2D 8400).
All seems to be going well so far.

cheers
Gorby