GigaRAID PATA IT8212 - doesn't find drive GA-8I945P Pro

Kev

Hi All

Can anyone help me with this problem?

I have the MB board installed and am able to configure the BIOS.

I have a DVD drive connected as a slave to the RED PATA IDE channel 1
connector that works fine.

If I connect a Hard drive as Master to the RED PATA IDE connector it
works fine (it is discovered and it boots).

However, if I connect the same hard drive, configured in the same way
to either of the GREEN PATA connectors then the hard drive is not
found.

I have tried numerous combinations of the Integrated Peripherals BIOS
setup options including turning the SATA off, the GigaRaid off, the
first PATA connector off, selecting RAID, non RAID modes etc, but none
of these allow the BIOS to find or boot from a hard drive connected to
either Green PATA connector.

The current relevant options, and my best guess for disabling all RAID
and disabling the SATA ports is:

Onchip Primary PCI IDE : Enabled (The Red one)
SATA RAID/ AHCI Mode: Disabled
OnChip SATA mode: Disabled
Onboard H/W GigaRAID: Enabled
GigaRAID Function: ATA

Once I have this problem solved I wish to use 3 PATA drives, one DVD
PATA drive and no SATA drives.

I have read both the Motherboard and the GigaRAID manuals but have not
been able to solved the problem.

I believe I should see a "Press Ctrl-G to enter GigaRAID Setup" in the
BIOS post, but I do not see this message.

Please help!

Motherboard GA-8I945P Pro, M/B Rev : 1.0, BIOS Ver : F10
CPU: Intel D 805
Memory: 2Gb DDR2 OCZ
Power Supply : 400 W
HD: IBM Deskstar

Thanks
Kevin

Skutr

I have a like problem - but not at first. PATA drives connected to IDE2 or
IDE3 would seem to work OK but every now and then the system would "loose"
them. Multiple reboots and eventually the drives would reappear. My MBO is
on its way back to Gigabyte as a warranty claim - I suspect a failed or
failing Gigaraid controller. You should contact your supplier like NOW!

Skutr
"Kev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi All
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?
>
> I have the MB board installed and am able to configure the BIOS.
>
> I have a DVD drive connected as a slave to the RED PATA IDE channel 1
> connector that works fine.
>
> If I connect a Hard drive as Master to the RED PATA IDE connector it
> works fine (it is discovered and it boots).
>
> However, if I connect the same hard drive, configured in the same way
> to either of the GREEN PATA connectors then the hard drive is not
> found.
>
> I have tried numerous combinations of the Integrated Peripherals BIOS
> setup options including turning the SATA off, the GigaRaid off, the
> first PATA connector off, selecting RAID, non RAID modes etc, but none
> of these allow the BIOS to find or boot from a hard drive connected to
> either Green PATA connector.
>
> The current relevant options, and my best guess for disabling all RAID
> and disabling the SATA ports is:
>
> Onchip Primary PCI IDE : Enabled (The Red one)
> SATA RAID/ AHCI Mode: Disabled
> OnChip SATA mode: Disabled
> Onboard H/W GigaRAID: Enabled
> GigaRAID Function: ATA
>
> Once I have this problem solved I wish to use 3 PATA drives, one DVD
> PATA drive and no SATA drives.
>
> I have read both the Motherboard and the GigaRAID manuals but have not
> been able to solved the problem.
>
> I believe I should see a "Press Ctrl-G to enter GigaRAID Setup" in the
> BIOS post, but I do not see this message.
>
> Please help!
>
> Motherboard GA-8I945P Pro, M/B Rev : 1.0, BIOS Ver : F10
> CPU: Intel D 805
> Memory: 2Gb DDR2 OCZ
> Power Supply : 400 W
> HD: IBM Deskstar