how good is Intel® GMA 950, G965 graphics?

for the Intel® G965 Express Chipset and The Intel® G950 graphic, what are
the comparable to like evga model number
I guess it only supports one display when on boards like Intel® Desktop
Board DG965WH, right?

Integrated high-performance Intel® GMA 950 graphics with DirectX 9 support
The new Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 (Intel® GMA 950) graphics core
is an intelligent and responsive graphics engine built into the chipset that
is on the motherboard. This integration provides incredible visual quality,
faster graphics performance and flexible display options without the need
for a separate graphics card.

Benjamin Gawert

* (E-Mail Removed):

> for the Intel® G965 Express Chipset and The Intel® G950 graphic, what are
> the comparable to like evga model number

The GMA950 is a chipset gfx which means it uses system RAM as video
memory. There isn't any gfx card that is really comparable to the
GMA950. For 2D it is as fast as any video card out there, in 3D it is a
bit slower than a Radeon Mobility 9200 or Geforce FX 5200 Go, both of
which were low end mobile GPUs already when they came out several years ago.

For 2D work the GMA950 is a good choice, and it also supports the Vista
Aero desktop effects. But if you want to do anything 3D you definitely
want a "real" GPU.

Benjamin

Eric Gisin

I thought the GMA 950 was supposed to support Aero Glass?

"Tom Lake" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:47ebaab3$0$6160$(E-Mail Removed)...

> For $23.00, you can get a board from Intel that plus into the PCIe slot and
> give you
> access to two DVI outputs. I have one on my DG965WH and it works great. I
> have
> two monitors running and didn't have to mess with updating drivers or
> anything.
> I don't play 3-D games and it's plenty fast for Aero Glass.

sounds good enough for my use. thx
news:47eda96f$0$12568$(E-Mail Removed)...