How good is on-mobo Radeon HD 3200 and what would be a step up?

Al Dykes

The mobo I am looking at has ATI Radeon HD 3200 as on-board video. I
think I want to put a better video card on it. Any suggestions or
comments?

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/...t.php?S_ID=344

It looks like this is the next step up but at $25, I wonder if it's
any better than the mobo chip.

EVGA 256-P2-N429-LR GeForce 7200GS 256MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

It looks like $100 bucks gets lots of video card these days, but how
much should I spend on it? I am predisposed to ATI.

I have a 19 inch monitor and like the 1600x1200 setting. I want to be
able to do good HDTV video from a Blue-Ray player. I don't play any
games.

On a tangent, I'm trying to confirm that teh Mobo video can be turned
off and one in the slot sused. I see this in the BIOS manual;

Primary Video Controller
This option allows you to select the video controller in charge.

Does this mean a second video card will be recognized?

--
Al Dykes

andy

Try using the onboard graphics first. If you find it lacking, look for
a faster pci-e graphics card.