To good to be true - Restore disk

Postman Delivers

Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
good to be true... Has anyone used them?

www.restoredisks.com/index.asp

JR

Junior Member

I'm wondering the same thing. HP no longer supports my compaq 5400us and they no longer stock the quick restore cds.

I called restoredisks.com and they assured me that what they supply is the same as the manufacturer and will restore your PC to factory image.

Personally I'm not sure if I want to invest the $50 bucks for a new HD and the $35 for the restore disks in my 8 yr old compaq. Although it might be worth the money to have a backup machine.

edit- Forgot to mention that HP tech support acvtually gave me restoredisks name since they (HP) no longer supplied them for my pc.

Last edited by tmnjcomp; 02-26-2008 at 03:56 PM..

Jerry

"Postman Delivers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ddnwj.58223$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
> good to be true... Has anyone used them?
>
> www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
>
> JR

I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you that
they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

Postman Delivers

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 09:01:49 -0500, Jerry wrote:

> "Postman Delivers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ddnwj.58223$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Lots of restore disks are avaiable from HP, but this www site seems to
>> good to be true... Has anyone used them?
>>
>> www.restoredisks.com/index.asp
>>
>> JR

> I don't know what they charge for HP restore disks but I can tell you
> that they charge $7 more for Emachine restore disks than Emachine does.

Jerry,

Thanks for the info...

JR the postman