GPU Supercomputer - 300 TFLOPs

AirRaid

(Google Translated)

In France, the Grand National Equipment Intensive Computing (Genci)
striking hard since his first supercomputer, one of the first machine
of its kind to use the GPU processing for calculation.

According to our information, the 1068 processors are indeed Nehalem
eight of hearts, and 48 modules are GPU solutions from NVIDIA Tesla.
This will be in addition to a new generation of Tesla, with a very
high probability of the GT200 chip controllers, and even several for
each module (we imagine two, as in the current solutions Tesla
NVIDIA).

In this machine, all the CPU is supposed to produce a powerful
theoretical 103 Tflops, up from 192 Tflops for GPU. With 96 against
GPU 1068 CPU, it is already clear domination of the GPU on the CPU
intensive computing, thanks to its multiple parallel processors flow.

http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

whygee

AirRaid wrote:
> (Google Translated)
>
> In France, the Grand National Equipment Intensive Computing (Genci)
> striking hard since his first supercomputer, one of the first machine
> of its kind to use the GPU processing for calculation.
>
> According to our information, the 1068 processors are indeed Nehalem
> eight of hearts, and 48 modules are GPU solutions from NVIDIA Tesla.
> This will be in addition to a new generation of Tesla, with a very
> high probability of the GT200 chip controllers, and even several for
> each module (we imagine two, as in the current solutions Tesla
> NVIDIA).
>
> In this machine, all the CPU is supposed to produce a powerful
> theoretical 103 Tflops, up from 192 Tflops for GPU. With 96 against
> GPU 1068 CPU, it is already clear domination of the GPU on the CPU
> intensive computing, thanks to its multiple parallel processors flow.
>
> http://www.google.com/translate?u=ht...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

1) I was indeed invited at the press conference and could clarify a few details.
Oh, and i have taken a lot of interesting pictures :-)
[to be published in an upcoming french Linux Magazine]

2) the translation is awful.

3) what a dirty crosspost.

4) see my post on comp.arch dated 19/04/2008
titled "The next french "supercomputer" will have both CPUs and GPUs"

5) let's continue this discussion on comp.arch ?

regards,
yg from f-cpu.org or ygdes.com