graphic cards for motherboard MV42/MV42N

stuboy42

Hi There, can anyone help me with a problem i have with my Shuttle
MV42/MV42N motherboard. My graphics are onboard and i am trying to
upgrade and install a newer graphic card, but the couple of cards
that i have tried have not worked, i switch the computer on after
installing and nothing happens, as anyboby came across this problem
as i do not want to damage the board by blowing it.

Frank_v7.0

stuboy42 wrote:
> Hi There, can anyone help me with a problem i have with my Shuttle
> MV42/MV42N motherboard. My graphics are onboard and i am trying to
> upgrade and install a newer graphic card, but the couple of cards
> that i have tried have not worked, i switch the computer on after
> installing and nothing happens, as anyboby came across this problem
> as i do not want to damage the board by blowing it.

Have you disabled the onboard graphics in the BIOS? I apologize if
you've already done that

--
FRH

stuboy42

Hi Frank
yes i have disabled the onboard in the bios, but when i fire up my
new card there is no display.
Thanks

Barney Jones

I don't have your mainboard, but my bios has a setting for booting to
AGP or PCI; might be worth a check.

stuboy42 wrote:
> Hi Frank
> yes i have disabled the onboard in the bios, but when i fire up my
> new card there is no display.
> Thanks

pacopeacock

Dear Stewart

Could you fix the problem with the "right" card?
i'm asking because i have the same trouble with the MV42N (there ist
no external VGA-card working on this board).
if you have a solution please let me now.

greetings
Francisco