Great "bargain" in eBay!

Robert E. Watts

Hi Gang!

Hurry up and get this one while you still can!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is only
$200!

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Ben Myers

Either somebody wasted some money paying eBay to list this one, or they actually
think some sucker will spend $1200 (initial bid + shipping). Amazing! People
can be so ignorant or out of touch or devious. Sort of reminds me of the
current regime in Washington.

Any small side bets whether or not this actually sells? ... Ben Myers

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:35:56 -0400, "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi Gang!
>
>Hurry up and get this one while you still can!
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>
>The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is only
>$200!

Robert E. Watts

Hi Ben !

My sentiments exactly. However, I would like to add one thing. ( And keep
in mind that I had my own business for over 20 years ... )

I don't begrudge people for asking insane ( and this auction is insane )
amounts of money for something. There is the possibility, admittedly remote,
that some idiot might pay it. I never found those idiots unfortunately.
:-)

And whatever you do, don't start me on politics. Not a good idea.

I'll take that bet.

It won't sell. .. . . :+}

--
boBWatts®©
EartH
Watts Carburetion Service
Whizzbang Computers
Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

"Ben Myers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Either somebody wasted some money paying eBay to list this one, or they
> actually
> think some sucker will spend $1200 (initial bid + shipping). Amazing!
> People
> can be so ignorant or out of touch or devious. Sort of reminds me of the
> current regime in Washington.
>
> Any small side bets whether or not this actually sells? ... Ben Myers
>
> On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 16:35:56 -0400, "Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Gang!
>>
>>Hurry up and get this one while you still can!
>>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>>
>>The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is only
>>$200!

Elector

"Robert E. Watts" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:be532$450c7abe$4831609c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Ben !
>
> My sentiments exactly. However, I would like to add one thing. (
> And keep in mind that I had my own business for over 20 years ... )
>
> I don't begrudge people for asking insane ( and this auction is
> insane ) amounts of money for something. There is the possibility,
> admittedly remote, that some idiot might pay it. I never found
> those idiots unfortunately. :-)
>
> And whatever you do, don't start me on politics. Not a good idea.
>
> I'll take that bet.
>
> It won't sell. .. . . :+}
>

> --
> boBWatts®©
> EartH
> Watts Carburetion Service
> Whizzbang Computers
> Official collector of: transfat asian plastic junk trinkets !

<snip>

Ben also owns his own business in MA , its Spirit of Something or
other (sorry Ben its been a long time since I looked at your tag line)
And for a whole lot of years that I have been on this news group.

Elector

Paul Ryan

Robert E. Watts wrote:
> Hi Gang!
>
> Hurry up and get this one while you still can!
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>
> The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is only
> $200!

That is insane!

--
Paul

- Yeovilnet - My web site: http://ppotter.is-a-geek.net/

- Mansfield Goths and Alternatives:
- The Alternative Guide to Mansfield:

Tom Lake

"Paul Ryan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HllWg.9196$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Robert E. Watts wrote:
>> Hi Gang!
>>
>> Hurry up and get this one while you still can!
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1
>>
>> The Buy it Now for this Packard Bell is a mere $3100, and shipping is
>> only $200!

> That is insane!

Yeah, but it did sell at $3100!

Tom Lake