This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post at AMD group?

Jone

This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
questions at AMD group?

Stop buying ATI branded video cards?

GTD

Jone wrote:
> This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
> questions at AMD group?
>
> Stop buying ATI branded video cards?

Were those supposed to be questions or demands?

ATI is not dead, they are still making video cards

There are a few AMD newsgroups, none seem to be appropriate for video
card questions. at least not by the group's name

Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

Jone

On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:57:49 -0800, GTD <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Jone wrote:
>> This group is dead. ATI is dead. Post ati video related
>> questions at AMD group?
>>
>> Stop buying ATI branded video cards?
>>

>Were those supposed to be questions or demands?
>
>ATI is not dead, they are still making video cards
>
>There are a few AMD newsgroups, none seem to be appropriate for video
>card questions. at least not by the group's name
>
>Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
it.

I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
MPG. etc.

Captain Midnight

"Jone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:463fccbd$0$8768$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
> with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
> it.
>
> I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
> doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
> the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
> MPG. etc.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=45

45 is the page number. Might be a good idea to go back ~10 pages and see if
it answers your questions. avsforum.com has a thread.

IIRC your problem was with analog. Don't have a 650 so have no clue about
CMC. AFAIK the 650 can be used with WatchHDTV for digital. It's a great
free(for now) program. Uses DVR-MS and can "capture" .TS. I use it with a
HDTV Wonder. Everyone loves it.

http://watchhdtv.net/default.aspx

It has a thread on avsforum.com.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post10482037

Good Luck.

LostSoul12

I do not see why you think ati is dead ? If youre thinking direct x 10 an
vista and nvidia having theres out allready ahead of ati. Then i ask is
there really any direct x 10 games out to take advantage of direct x 10
cards yet. The answer you will find is not yet . Then i ask then what is the
rush to buy vista or directx 10 cards yet as vista also needs better driver
compatibility via a update in service pack an maybe worth waiting it out for
that also.As you can see im on the fence till i see which is better ati or
nvidia based on actual direct x 10 game play reveiws and fps an visual
quality . An actually as long as i can do over 30 frames a second constatly
with no slow down an it looks jaw dropping graphics then im pleased. I'll
wait like many others till then.
"Captain Midnight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:46400cd1$0$19415$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:463fccbd$0$8768$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
>> with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
>> it.
>>
>> I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
>> doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
>> the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
>> MPG. etc.
>>

> http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=45
>
> 45 is the page number. Might be a good idea to go back ~10 pages and see
> if
> it answers your questions. avsforum.com has a thread.
>
> IIRC your problem was with analog. Don't have a 650 so have no clue about
> CMC. AFAIK the 650 can be used with WatchHDTV for digital. It's a great
> free(for now) program. Uses DVR-MS and can "capture" .TS. I use it with a
> HDTV Wonder. Everyone loves it.
>
> http://watchhdtv.net/default.aspx
>
> It has a thread on avsforum.com.
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post10482037
>
> Good Luck.

Julian Richards

On Mon, 07 May 2007 16:57:49 -0800, GTD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Will people stop buying ATI cards? Doubtful.

Just got my new one.
--

Julian Richards

www.richardsuk.f9.co.uk
Website of "Robot Wars" middleweight "Broadsword IV"

Captain Midnight

"LostSoul12" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I do not see why you think ati is dead ? If youre thinking direct x 10 an
> vista and nvidia having theres out allready ahead of ati. Then i ask is
> there really any direct x 10 games out to take advantage of direct x 10
> cards yet. The answer you will find is not yet . Then i ask then what is

the
> rush to buy vista or directx 10 cards yet as vista also needs better

driver
> compatibility via a update in service pack an maybe worth waiting it out

for
> that also.As you can see im on the fence till i see which is better ati or
> nvidia based on actual direct x 10 game play reveiws and fps an visual
> quality . An actually as long as i can do over 30 frames a second

constatly
> with no slow down an it looks jaw dropping graphics then im pleased. I'll
> wait like many others till then.
> "Captain Midnight" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:46400cd1$0$19415$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Jone" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:463fccbd$0$8768$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Just ranting. No one is helping me with my recording question
> >> with my TV wonder 650. If I don't get it resolved. I'll return
> >> it.
> >>
> >> I'm already disappointed to see that the Catalyst Media Center
> >> doesn't do many thing the old ATI Media Center can do. Such as
> >> the video quality is limited to a few levels. It only supports
> >> MPG. etc.
> >>

> > http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=77340&page=45
> >
> > 45 is the page number. Might be a good idea to go back ~10 pages and see
> > if
> > it answers your questions. avsforum.com has a thread.
> >
> > IIRC your problem was with analog. Don't have a 650 so have no clue

about
> > CMC. AFAIK the 650 can be used with WatchHDTV for digital. It's a great
> > free(for now) program. Uses DVR-MS and can "capture" .TS. I use it with

> > HDTV Wonder. Everyone loves it.
> >
> > http://watchhdtv.net/default.aspx
> >
> > It has a thread on avsforum.com.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post10482037

> > Good Luck.

You should have replied to the OP or at least removed my response. Your post
has nothing to do with mine.

fan boy

On Wed, 9 May 2007 05:54:34 -0400, "LostSoul12"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I do not see why you think ati is dead ?

Because AMD bought them out and AMD is going down the drain big
time.

LostSoul12

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
news:(E-Mail Removed)...