Grrr tech support

Ron Hardin

Idiot dell phone tech rep

Latitude 6400 crashes once every two weeks

Diagnostics find ram error, very intermittent.

I say send me two new mem chips and i'll send back
the old ones. If it fixes it, then it's good.

If not, it needs a new motherboard.

Let's try the cheap and easy thing first.

Lady doesn't want to send two. She wants to find
the bad one and only send one.

I argue that you can't tell which it is unless it
fails and that may take weeks.

She insists on finding the one.

Look, it's cheap, sent both. You can't diagnose
which the way it's failing.

On hold at the moment...
--
(E-Mail Removed)

Ron Hardin

Ron Hardin wrote:

> Idiot dell phone tech rep
>
> Latitude 6400 crashes once every two weeks
>
> Diagnostics find ram error, very intermittent.
>
> I say send me two new mem chips and i'll send back
> the old ones. If it fixes it, then it's good.
>
> If not, it needs a new motherboard.
>
> Let's try the cheap and easy thing first.
>
> Lady doesn't want to send two. She wants to find
> the bad one and only send one.
>
> I argue that you can't tell which it is unless it
> fails and that may take weeks.
>
> She insists on finding the one.
>
> Look, it's cheap, sent both. You can't diagnose
> which the way it's failing.
>
> On hold at the moment...
> --
> (E-Mail Removed)
>
> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

Did I mention that she suggested reinstalling
windows.
--
(E-Mail Removed)

who where

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:15:18 -0400, Ron Hardin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ron Hardin wrote:
>>
>> Idiot dell phone tech rep
>>
>> Latitude 6400 crashes once every two weeks
>>
>> Diagnostics find ram error, very intermittent.
>>
>> I say send me two new mem chips and i'll send back
>> the old ones. If it fixes it, then it's good.
>>
>> If not, it needs a new motherboard.
>>
>> Let's try the cheap and easy thing first.
>>
>> Lady doesn't want to send two. She wants to find
>> the bad one and only send one.
>>
>> I argue that you can't tell which it is unless it
>> fails and that may take weeks.
>>
>> She insists on finding the one.
>>
>> Look, it's cheap, sent both. You can't diagnose
>> which the way it's failing.
>>
>> On hold at the moment...
>> --
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>
>> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

>Did I mention that she suggested reinstalling
>windows.

You didn't, but I'm sure she did. It is high up on their script-list
of things to do/try, just below reboot.

RnR

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 09:41:38 +0800, who where <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:15:18 -0400, Ron Hardin
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Ron Hardin wrote:
>>>
>>> Idiot dell phone tech rep
>>>
>>> Latitude 6400 crashes once every two weeks
>>>
>>> Diagnostics find ram error, very intermittent.
>>>
>>> I say send me two new mem chips and i'll send back
>>> the old ones. If it fixes it, then it's good.
>>>
>>> If not, it needs a new motherboard.
>>>
>>> Let's try the cheap and easy thing first.
>>>
>>> Lady doesn't want to send two. She wants to find
>>> the bad one and only send one.
>>>
>>> I argue that you can't tell which it is unless it
>>> fails and that may take weeks.
>>>
>>> She insists on finding the one.
>>>
>>> Look, it's cheap, sent both. You can't diagnose
>>> which the way it's failing.
>>>
>>> On hold at the moment...
>>> --
>>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>>
>>> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

>>Did I mention that she suggested reinstalling
>>windows.

>You didn't, but I'm sure she did. It is high up on their script-list
>of things to do/try, just below reboot.

A long time ago when I was still inexperienced with computers I called
for tech support and while they fixed one problem, they introduced
another problem. When I told them what they did to me, they said
ohhh. I learned my lesson the hard way to not bother to call them. I
won't bother nowadays because the stress they cause me isn't worth it
and simply put, I don't trust them.

Ron Hardin

RnR wrote:
> A long time ago when I was still inexperienced with computers I called
> for tech support and while they fixed one problem, they introduced
> another problem. When I told them what they did to me, they said
> ohhh. I learned my lesson the hard way to not bother to call them. I
> won't bother nowadays because the stress they cause me isn't worth it
> and simply put, I don't trust them.

If it's in warranty, you have to call them.

The chat option doesn't seem to work anymore. It's there but nothing happens.
May be a Firefox problem though.
--
(E-Mail Removed)

RnR

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:05:43 -0400, Ron Hardin
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>RnR wrote:
>> A long time ago when I was still inexperienced with computers I called
>> for tech support and while they fixed one problem, they introduced
>> another problem. When I told them what they did to me, they said
>> ohhh. I learned my lesson the hard way to not bother to call them. I
>> won't bother nowadays because the stress they cause me isn't worth it
>> and simply put, I don't trust them.

>If it's in warranty, you have to call them.

Depends. I may just ignor the warrantee and pay myself. I have done
this already. Like I said, the stress of dealing with them isn't
worth it to me.

Bob_Villa

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 2:15:18 PM UTC-5, Ron Hardin wrote:

> Did I mention that she suggested reinstalling
>
> windows.
>
> --
>
> (E-Mail Removed)
>

> On the internet, nobody knows you're a jerk.

I called them once in 4 new purchases. (2 home, 2 business) It was a touch-pad issue on a 1545. India had me re-install the driver and that didn't help. They sent me the entire bezel and received it the next day. They called in a couple of days to ask how things went!

Larry

On Jul 29, 7:16*am, "RnR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 07:05:43 -0400, Ron Hardin
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >RnR wrote:
> >> A long time ago when I was still inexperienced with computers I called
> >> for tech support and while they fixed one problem, they introduced
> >> another problem. *When I told them what they did to me, they said
> >> ohhh. * I learned my lesson the hard way to not bother to call them.I
> >> won't bother nowadays because the stress they cause me isn't worth it
> >> and simply put, I don't trust them.

> >If it's in warranty, you have to call them.

> Depends. *I may just ignor the warrantee and pay myself. *I have done
> this already. *Like I said, the stress of dealing with them isn't
> worth it to me.

Exactly! I am lucky to have a local shop that sells and repairs dell
equipment. If under warranty I take it to them to make the contact
with dell tech support and follow through. Even they sometimes have
problems getting through. But they call and arrange for the repair
since they can not themselves work on equipment under warranty for
some strange reason. They collect a minimum of $85 for this service,
but I feel it is worth it.

Larry

Ron Hardin

Bob_Villa wrote:
> I called them once in 4 new purchases. (2 home, 2 business) It was a touch-pad issue on a 1545.

India had me re-install the driver and that
didn't help. They sent me the entire bezel and
received it the next day. They called in a couple
of days to ask how things went!

Sometimes they're good, sometimes they're not.

My experience is that chat (when it works) gives
you better odds of finding intelligence.

--
(E-Mail Removed)

Roger Vicker

On 7/29/2012 6:05 AM, Ron Hardin arranged the binary bits such that:

> The chat option doesn't seem to work anymore. It's there but nothing happens.
> May be a Firefox problem though.

Just used chat last week with Firefox 14. Smooth and quicker than
waiting on a phone line.