GT4016 will not boot

Junior Member

I am trying to fix my friend's Gateway GT4016 desktop but no success. The pc will no boot up, there is no beep sound during startup and there is no video.

Here are the list of things I tried.
- connect to another good monitor but still no video
- boot up with XP cd but no go. No video either but does not look like it is booting from CD
- disconnect all cables and boot up but there is no beep sound
- connect the hard drive to another PC and I can see the data on the hard. So looks like the hard drive is good.

Any suggestions? If I need to replace the motherboard, what motherboard will fit in the case of the GT4016?

thanks,marcus