handwriting recognition

Krish

I read in a tablet PC review that the hand writing recognition is
preconfigured and cannot be trained to recognize your hand writing if it is
true Microsoft is doing a scam since no 2 people in the world handwriting is
a like but I would like to think the reveiw is false it is located at
http://secure.zdnet.com.au/techcentr...0275551,00.htm

--
Krish Sharma
Brisbane,Australia

Krish

as long as you can write A as A and not some weired symbol it's OK

--
Krish Sharma
Brisbane,Australia
www.users.bigpond.net.au/sharma-family
www.the-ultimate-website.com
"terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Krish,
>
> Since I was quoted in that article, it's true. At present, handwriting
> recognition is not trainable, however, it's certainly not a scam.
>
> Microsoft used over a million handwriting samples to create the

recognition
> engine.
>
> With later technology, it's possible that eventually handwriting will be
> trainable. Currently, a slight alteration to certain letters by the user

is
> generally sufficient to get very good recognition for most users.
>
> --
> Terri Stratton
> http://thetabletpc.net
>

> "Krish" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I read in a tablet PC review that the hand writing recognition is
> > preconfigured and cannot be trained to recognize your hand writing if it

> is
> > true Microsoft is doing a scam since no 2 people in the world

handwriting
> is
> > a like but I would like to think the reveiw is false it is located at

http://secure.zdnet.com.au/techcentr...0275551,00.htm

> > --
> > Krish Sharma
> > Brisbane,Australia
> > www.users.bigpond.net.au/sharma-family
> > www.the-ultimate-website.com

terri

Yes, A is A. Although, for those who are used to the PPC or Palm
characters, those are also recognized.