Happy 25th birthday

Michelle Steiner

Macintosh II.

<http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
h_anniversary.html>

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

nospam

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Macintosh II.
>
> <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167123/the_macintosh_ii_celebrates_its_25th_anniversary.h tml>

they're 3 months late. the macintosh ii was introduced march 2, 1987,
alongside the mac se.

however, mac ii did not ship right away but i don't recall it being as
late as june. i remember using one in may, 1987.

this link says system 4.1 shipped in april 1987, which was the system
the mac ii needed, which is consistent with it shipping before june.

<http://applemuseum.bott.org/sections/os.html>

Michelle Steiner

In article <070620121601269365%(E-Mail Removed)>,
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Macintosh II.
> >
> > <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
> > h_anniversary.html>

> they're 3 months late.

So they are.

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

isw

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Macintosh II.
>
> <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
> h_anniversary.html>

First Mac I actually had on my desk. I recall that the memory had to be
upgraded from 2 to 4 megabytes to run the engineering packages I needed,
and it cost the company a bit north of a grand.

Anybody else remember "Colony", from that era?

Isaac

nospam

In article <isw-23624A.22032107062012@[216.168.3.50]>, isw
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> First Mac I actually had on my desk. I recall that the memory had to be
> upgraded from 2 to 4 megabytes to run the engineering packages I needed,
> and it cost the company a bit north of a grand.

i upgraded mine from 2 meg to 5 meg (1+1 -> 1+4) with four 1 meg simms,
each of which was $200, for a total of $800. that was cheaper than it
had been for a while. the mac ii had 8 simm slots, and the existing
256k simms (for the other 1 meg) remained in the other four slots.

Leonard Blaisdell

Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Macintosh II.
>
> <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
> h_anniversary.html>

I never used a Mac II, although I did use an SE. I always follow your
links Michelle. You dig up stuff I wouldn't think to search for, and I
always appreciate it. Thank you.

leo

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I never used a Mac II, although I did use an SE. I always follow your
> links Michelle. You dig up stuff I wouldn't think to search for, and I
> always appreciate it. Thank you.

*blush* Thank you. But I don't dig them up; I stumble across them. <g>

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

TaliesinSoft

On 2012-06-07 21:18:32 +0000, Michelle Steiner said:

> Macintosh II.
>
> <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
> h_anniversary.html>

I bought a Mac II when they first came out and it was my primary
computer for several years. What was a major attraction to me was the
color display. I can't remember what I paid for it and what I sold it
for.

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

Michael Vilain

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Leonard Blaisdell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> Michelle Steiner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Macintosh II.
> >
> > <http://www.macworld.com/article/1167...brates_its_25t
> > h_anniversary.html>

> I never used a Mac II, although I did use an SE. I always follow your
> links Michelle. You dig up stuff I wouldn't think to search for, and I
> always appreciate it. Thank you.
>
> leo

I had a Mac II at home and a Mac IIfx on my desk at Apple. And the guys
in my group had t-shirts that said "My other computer is a Cray-XMP"
(the Mac II's case was designed and the plastic case was modeled on a
Cray).

Curiously, the Cray development team had t-shirts that said "My other
computer is a Macintosh". They used Macs to design the next generation
of Cray supercomputers.

Michelle Steiner

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Michael Vilain <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I had a Mac II at home and a Mac IIfx on my desk at Apple. And the guys
> in my group had t-shirts that said "My other computer is a Cray-XMP"
> (the Mac II's case was designed and the plastic case was modeled on a
> Cray).

I was contracting at Apple when they bought their first Cray; they briefed
us that it was going to be used for plastic modeling for computer housing.
And emphasized that that information was company confidential, and should
not be repeated outside the company to anyone, including family members.

I remember seeing that tee shirt.

--
Tea Party Patriots is to Patriotism as

Happy Birthday Canada Tony HP 1 07-02-2007 11:59 AM
Happy Birthday America SST Overclocking 351 11-27-2003 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST AMD Overclocking 342 11-27-2003 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Nvidia 357 11-27-2003 07:54 PM
Happy Birthday America SST ATI 358 11-27-2003 07:54 PM