Hard Drive Addition Question

Kyle

Anyone know if it's possible to add another hard drive and not have to
use a new partition, but make it so it adds on to the partition of the
primary drive and just makes it bigger? Thanks.

Kyle
(E-Mail Removed)

John W

Kyle wrote:

> Anyone know if it's possible to add another hard drive and not have to
> use a new partition, but make it so it adds on to the partition of the
> primary drive and just makes it bigger? Thanks.
>
> Kyle
> (E-Mail Removed)

This can be done through "software RAID". Try a Google search for
programs that can do this.

I would recommend that you just use the second partition though.
Setting up RAID is often more trouble than it's worth, and the drives
that you combine cannot be separated or removed from the computer
without losing data.

Mike Walsh

With WinNT you can append partitions; making them appear as one large partition. I don't know about other versions of windows.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.