Hardware failure: cpu or motherboard?

Daniel Vallstrom

My pentium 4, 865PE computer is broken and I'm trying to guess if it's
the cpu or motherboard that fails.

For a couple of weeks, it was difficult to start/reboot the computer.
It usually hung with some memory failure mobo diagnostic but after a
few tries it booted. Then it started to become *very* slow, even after
it booted. Now it seems completely broken.

I have tried installing completely new memory but that didn't help.
Does it look like it's the cpu that is broken? Thanks for any help.

Daniel Vallstrom