who has a KN 1 Lite and what memory do you use?

sam owens

Thanks

Sam

Leon Willard

You use DDR (PC3200 and lower) - NOT DDR2 as I assumed. I bought DDR2 when I
got the board assuming that it required that. After I got home and read the
manual I found out different. Meant another trip to return it.

Leon

"sam owens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks
>

> Sam

sam owens

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:15:48 GMT, "Leon Willard"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You use DDR (PC3200 and lower) - NOT DDR2 as I assumed. I bought DDR2 when I
>got the board assuming that it required that. After I got home and read the
>manual I found out different. Meant another trip to return it.
>
>Leon

Cool. That was a question of mine also. Thanks Leon. What kind did you
buy?

Sam

>"sam owens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> Thanks
>>

>> Sam

Leon Willard

I had 1GB of PC3200 on hand so I didn't have to buy any. I've had pretty
good luck with all memory these days, even the 'budget' kind. Then again, I
don't overclock. The pair I have in there now is one Kingston 512MB and the
other a CORSAIR 512Mb. No problems. That ECS KN1 seems pretty rock solid. At
first, I had a problem getting it to reliably recognize and boot on a 400GB
Seagate SATA2 drive, and instead it kept defaulting to the 160GB ATA drive,
but that problem seems to have gone away. And by the way, the KN1 recognizes
and works with both the 1.5Gb/sec and the 3Gb/sec SATA 2 drives.