Having problems with an IS7-G MOBO...

Tiscali

Hi,

Having problems with an IS7-G MOBO...

System fails to boot - no post - removed all non essential cards, swopped
memory, both power LEDS on - I notice the fan on the Northbridge isn't
spinning...

trying clearing the BIOS...

any ideas???

TIA

--
Regards,
Susan

Richard Hopkins

"Tiscali" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message...
> Having problems with an IS7-G MOBO...
>
> System fails to boot - no post - removed all non essential cards, swopped
> memory, both power LEDS on - I notice the fan on the Northbridge isn't
> spinning...

Has the northbridge fan literally just stopped, or is it more that the POST
failure has prompted you to open the case, and you've noticed that the fan's
not running (and ergo it could have been failed for some time)?

> any ideas???

It'd be worth you following the same procedure I recommended to Bondsan in
his "ic7-max 3 wont boot" thread of the 16th November. Have a scroll down
and see if you can see the thread. If not, let me know and I'll post it
again.
--

Richard Hopkins
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

The UK's leading technology reseller www.dabs.com ...don't seem to stock
Abit
anymore. Ooops!

Tiscali

Richard,

Thanks for your advice - turned out to be a faulty PSU in the end....

--
Susan

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

AV8 Having Problems MarcinAJ Abit 2 11-21-2005 05:18 AM
Having problems with TUV4X and GeForce FX 5600 (256MB). PoohBear Asus 0 02-10-2004 06:54 PM
P4VXADS2 having problems upgrading VIDEO card Cari ECS 2 12-23-2003 01:47 AM
ASR-8400 Modem/Router/4 Port 10/100 Swith - Having Problems.... Carlos Arruda Asus 10 07-21-2003 02:27 AM
Having problems in my local area network due.... Carlos Arruda Asus 1 07-07-2003 01:33 PM