Hd icon disappeared

bede

My Hd icon is disappeared both from my desktop and from finder. If I try
to go up one level from my main user folder, I can see in the finder
window's title that I'm actually in "Macintosh HD", but I I go further
up I can see just the server folder (at Giovanni De Stefano's computer
level).
I've already tried the guide at
http://www.macosg.com/group/viewtopic.php?t=6750

but, trying to open a test account, as suggested, the hd icon still
isn't there, so I'm asking to you for some help, please!

--
http://venerablebidet.wordpress.com

Michelle Steiner

In article <1hhtdqr.1lk2ht312baegwN%(E-Mail Removed) >,
(E-Mail Removed) (bede) wrote:

> but, trying to open a test account, as suggested, the hd icon still
> isn't there, so I'm asking to you for some help, please!

Does it show in the sidebar of a Finder window? If you open the window
with the computer's name, does it show there?

In Finder preferences, in the General pane, is the "Hard disks" checkbox
checked?

disappeared WiFi icon in "tray" Tim923 IBM Thinkpad 4 12-05-2009 10:05 AM
Icon in Dock Disappeared Beth Apple 3 11-24-2006 02:33 AM
document icon turns into folder icon Art Werschulz Apple 1 09-17-2005 05:47 AM
Custom folder icon from a folder icon? Sensei Apple 6 05-21-2005 03:54 PM
sys preferences CD icon disappeared Charlie Apple 0 03-07-2004 04:24 PM