HD light stays on for SD11

J. P. Willis

I have changed the drive cable but cannot get the drive lght to go off
so that it will boot. The drive is fine on another computer when I
place it there.

Please advise me as to the problem. Thanks.

farmuse

J. P. Willis wrote:

> I have changed the drive cable but cannot get the drive lght to go off
> so that it will boot. The drive is fine on another computer when I
> place it there.
>
> Please advise me as to the problem. Thanks.

the SD11 had issues with UDMA, either the ribbon cable is backwars,
bad, or the connector on the motherboard is bad. If all else fails then
use a controller card, like a Promise card. They are much better than
what the SD11 can run a modern drive at.