HD Partitions

Nicola Ponte

Hi,
I ha ve a problem with my hard disk. It had 4 partitions but after a
Linux installation, partition table has been corrupted. So I thought to
format it completely.
I used fdisk and I have erased all partitions and digited the command
fdisk /mbr too. But now fdisk can see only 12 Gb instead of 80 Gb.
My hard disk is a Maxtor. How can I do to resolve the problem? I just
wanna fdisk can see all space.

Thank you,

Nicola

CJT

Nicola Ponte wrote:

> Hi,
> I ha ve a problem with my hard disk. It had 4 partitions but after a
> Linux installation, partition table has been corrupted. So I thought to
> format it completely.
> I used fdisk and I have erased all partitions and digited the command
> fdisk /mbr too. But now fdisk can see only 12 Gb instead of 80 Gb.
> My hard disk is a Maxtor. How can I do to resolve the problem? I just
> wanna fdisk can see all space.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Nicola

There's an updated fdisk on Microsoft's site. I think the Linux fdisk
also works. It's been discussed here many times, so Google should
easily turn up additional information.

minimize spam. Our true address is of the form (E-Mail Removed).

P4C800-E Deluxe & Multipule W2K OS partitions, problems installing to 2nd & 3rd partitions? Tim Asus 5 10-31-2005 06:41 AM
P4p800: FAT32 Partitions Andy Asus 5 12-22-2003 05:33 AM
Format Large Partitions Sheldon Roger Abit 0 11-04-2003 06:27 PM
Raid, NTFS & partitions Shap Asus 8 07-16-2003 02:39 PM
Copying partitions on SATA drives Nick Mirro Asus 9 07-10-2003 08:14 PM