HD temperature with RAID?

Peter.Meinl@gmail.com

Once hard disks are configured as a RAID there seems to be no
possibility to read the HD temperature.
With my D975XBX mainboard HD temp is not displayed in BIOS.
Intels Matrix Raid Software does not display HD temp.
All Windows 3rd party tools that I know do not display HD temp of RAID
disks.

For desktop boards which are mainly used in uncontrolled environments
it is very important to monitor HD temp - at least after buildung a new
system. Monitoring the S.M.A.R.T status is not enough to builld healthy
systems.

Does anybody know a tool?
If not, where can I make a feature request for Intels Matrix Raid
Software?

--
Peter Meinl
ISTEC GmbH

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe board - CPU Temperature vs. CPU Core Temperature John Smith Asus 6 01-06-2007 12:35 AM
Faster temperature measurement when temperature compensating? Robert Scott Embedded 8 11-08-2006 08:53 PM
Temperature of RAID drives? mmartins Abit 1 08-13-2003 09:06 PM
cpu temperature? ---==T.F==--- Abit 11 07-14-2003 01:58 AM
Re: temperature problems Eric Witte Abit 0 07-09-2003 01:17 PM