Heat-tolerent computers.

Skybuck Flying

Here is an idea for the future which could buy some time with increasing
computer performance:

Start designing entire computers which are very heat tolerent.

So illiminate all components which are low heat tolerent like plastics/pcb's
and such.

Replace everything with maybe metals or so which could be high heat
tolerent.

Then these systems could run up to maybe 100 degrees of heat maybe even
more.

These systems would then have to throttle down in the summer when it's hot.

But they could also throttle up in the winter when it's freezing cold.

And then these computers could function as a replacement for "home heating"
and at the same time give nice processing performance ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Dave Platt

In article <632c3$4e4886f9$5419acc3$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
Skybuck Flying <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Here is an idea for the future which could buy some time with increasing
>computer performance:
>
>Start designing entire computers which are very heat tolerent.

Start? It's been done for years. Ruggedized computers designed to
operate in the "industrial" and "military" temperature ranges are
available off-the-shelf.

You won't like the cost. Using heat-resistant, long-life parts comes
at a significant price.

--
Dave Platt <(E-Mail Removed)> AE6EO

Tim

On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:24:51 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:

> In article <632c3$4e4886f9$5419acc3$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
> Skybuck Flying <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Here is an idea for the future which could buy some time with increasing
>>computer performance:
>>
>>Start designing entire computers which are very heat tolerent.

> Start? It's been done for years. Ruggedized computers designed to
> operate in the "industrial" and "military" temperature ranges are
> available off-the-shelf.
>
> You won't like the cost. Using heat-resistant, long-life parts comes at
> a significant price.

And computers that operate over 100C are available, but even more spendy.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Skybuck Flying

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

"
And computers that operate over 100C are available, but even more spendy.
"

Lol, ok, I am going to give you a really cheap reply:

"Start designing heat-tolerent computers for consumers" ! =D

So start designing "heat-tolerent-consumer-grade-computers" which john doe
can afford as well ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Paul

Skybuck Flying wrote:

> So start designing "heat-tolerent-consumer-grade-computers" which john
> doe can afford as well ! =D
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D

Heat tolerant computers, are in your car.

"8-Bit Microcontrollers operate up to 150°C with no limitations."

http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/...tations-575337

Paul

Gettamulla Tupya

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 04:40:18 +0200, "Skybuck Flying" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Here is an idea for the future which could buy some time with increasing
> computer performance:
>
> Start designing entire computers which are very heat tolerent.
>
> So illiminate all components which are low heat tolerent like plastics/pcb's
> and such.
>
> Replace everything with maybe metals or so which could be high heat
> tolerent.
>
> Then these systems could run up to maybe 100 degrees of heat maybe even
> more.
>
> These systems would then have to throttle down in the summer when it's hot.
>
> But they could also throttle up in the winter when it's freezing cold.
>
> And then these computers could function as a replacement for "home heating"
> and at the same time give nice processing performance ! =D

My computers are quite happy to run at 300 degrees above absolute zero.

Tim Wescott

On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 08:43:51 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

> "Tim" wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:24:51 -0700, Dave Platt wrote:
>
>> In article <632c3$4e4886f9$5419acc3$(E-Mail Removed)1.nb.ho me.nl>,
>> Skybuck Flying <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Here is an idea for the future which could buy some time with
>>>increasing computer performance:
>>>
>>>Start designing entire computers which are very heat tolerent.

>> Start? It's been done for years. Ruggedized computers designed to
>> operate in the "industrial" and "military" temperature ranges are
>> available off-the-shelf.
>>
>> You won't like the cost. Using heat-resistant, long-life parts comes
>> at a significant price.

> "
> And computers that operate over 100C are available, but even more
> spendy. "
>
> Lol, ok, I am going to give you a really cheap reply:
>
> "Start designing heat-tolerent computers for consumers" ! =D
>
> So start designing "heat-tolerent-consumer-grade-computers" which john
> doe can afford as well ! =D
>
> Bye,
> Skybuck =D

LOL. I have a suggestion for you:

Cash out your entire net worth, savings, cars, cloths, furniture,
bedding, etc., and throw it in a river. The end effect is the same, but
it's quicker, less effort, and you can start over again sooner.

--
www.wescottdesign.com

personaobscura

So, Yet Another Sky**** Careening computer build bit the dust, eh?

Jeeze, dude. Just buy a freakin' Dell and give up trying to build
anything...and I mean ANYTHING...