Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Help ... Abit SE6 won't POST

 
 
Jim Burton
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-25-2007, 11:07 AM
I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for use
by my grandaughter
It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
following cards
ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD

Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
working ... but no output to screen and no Beeps at all.
..... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference
..... Swapped PSU and still no POST

I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help ...
Will this reset the CMOS to fail safe settings ?

Any suggestions gratefully received

Regards & TIA



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Yokel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2007, 07:10 PM
You need to pull the board and look for bad caps.

Jim Burton wrote:
> I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for use
> by my grandaughter
> It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
> following cards
> ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
> Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD
>
> Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
> working ... but no output to screen and no Beeps at all.
> .... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference
> .... Swapped PSU and still no POST
>
> I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help ...
> Will this reset the CMOS to fail safe settings ?
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received
>
> Regards & TIA
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
fondue
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007, 05:42 AM

"Yokel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to pull the board and look for bad caps.
>
> Jim Burton wrote:
>> I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for
>> use
>> by my grandaughter
>> It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
>> following cards
>> ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
>> Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD
>>
>> Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
>> working ... but no output to screen and no Beeps at all.
>> .... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference
>> .... Swapped PSU and still no POST
>>
>> I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help ...
>> Will this reset the CMOS to fail safe settings ?
>>


Yes it will, but is this the problem?

What happens if you put the old VGA card back in, or even a PCI one.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Ben D Toy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Ok - Problem found or at least it now POSTs - I think it was a bad
connection somewhere - probably the CPU
Thanks to all or their suggestions


"Jim Burton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a Abit SE6 MoBo which I am trying to install in an old case for use
> by my grandaughter
> It appeared to be working OK until I powered it off and installed the
> following cards
> ATI Graphics Radeon 7200 and Creative Live Drive 5.1
> Also installed a formatted 10GB HDD
>
> Now it won't POST ... The LED on the MoBo lights up and the CPU fan is
> working ... but no output to screen and no Beeps at all.
> .... Removing all of the above doesn't make any difference
> .... Swapped PSU and still no POST
>
> I am wondering if clearing the CMOS will help ...
> Will this reset the CMOS to fail safe settings ?
>
> Any suggestions gratefully received
>
> Regards & TIA
>
>
>




--
Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
fondue
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-03-2007, 04:16 AM

"Ben D Toy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45e865a7$0$16291$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Ok - Problem found or at least it now POSTs - I think it was a bad
> connection somewhere - probably the CPU
> Thanks to all or their suggestions
>

<snip>

I did have a problem once where when I tightened the screw to fix an AGP
card to the case, the screw would pull down the case end of the card down
and cause the other end to lift up, just enough to not contact properly with
the AGP slot - fixed it with a washer :-)

Just recently I modded a case and when I moved the working parts into the
case it wouldn't boot. After much fiddling about and swapping of parts, I
shorted the power pins on the mobo and it booted.

Turned out that, (despite being gentle), when I had the face of the case off
the movement of the wires was enough to break the solder joint on one of the
wires to the power switch, and the sleeve prevented the wire from falling
off completely ;-)


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
a problem with ABIT SE6 morpheus276 Abit 26 11-10-2005 04:56 AM
Abit SE6 and Large Capacity Hard Drive Dave PC Hardware 0 10-05-2004 11:48 PM
Abit SE6 and USB connect into panel box... Plusek$ Abit 0 07-29-2004 09:07 AM
Abit se6 onboard audio problem sdrr Abit 0 12-01-2003 12:19 PM
Abit SE6 + Video Write Combining netgun Abit 0 09-02-2003 07:15 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment