Help !! Can you run 3 PCI NIC cards on PB680 riser card

Grubby

Can you run 3 PCI NIC cards on PB680 riser card.

I am trying to run 3 Realtek NIC cards, (one out to cable modem, two
in from separate PC's, both Win Xp) on an old PB Executive MultiMedia
9007 E.

I can get two cards recognized, but cannot get the third to function.
All three cards are sound, and have been verified as such.
The installed OS is Smoothwall Express 2.0
Machine boots fine, and until a few weeks ago purred away quite
happily as my good lady's officey type machine.

can some-one out there give me any advice on how to get this to work.
you wisdom will be gratefully received

Ben Myers

Smoothwall Express 2.0 is firewall software with or without DHCP services? The
usual way to set up a firewall is to have one NIC visible to the outside world
and a second one for the inside world. Connected to the inside world's NIC is
a network hub (or switch), to fan out the connections to two or more computers.

This does not answer your question, but it may solve the problem as I envisage
it. The PB system may simply be too old to support 3 NICs... Ben Myers

On Fri, 12 May 2006 08:56:02 -0400, Ben Myers <ben_myers_spam_me_not @
charter.net> wrote:

>Smoothwall Express 2.0 is firewall software with or without DHCP services? The
>usual way to set up a firewall is to have one NIC visible to the outside world
>and a second one for the inside world. Connected to the inside world's NIC is
>a network hub (or switch), to fan out the connections to two or more computers.
>
>This does not answer your question, but it may solve the problem as I envisage
>it. The PB system may simply be too old to support 3 NICs... Ben Myers

Thanx for replying to my post.

I think you may be right about BP machine. It could well be time for
the old boy to retire.
If that's the case, then I'll just buy a small network router and be
done with it. The BP was/is a bit of a daft "project", a use for my
good lady's old "officey" type machine.
As far as Smoothwall is concerned, you may be able to shed some light
on this "login" prompt that Smoothwall requires after OS load.
It may appear a dumb question, I am familiar with "login" type
procedures (got to use them at work). I have tried virtually
everything that seems relevant to the information requested when
installing the OS; machine name, hostname, passwords, even the
SmoothWall URL displayed at the login screen.Nothing!
Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but ?
So if you know the answer, I'd be very grateful for a howto.
Willie Clark