HELP. I can't, just can't force my GA-K8NXP-Sli board to use SATA II nforce4 instead of SATA I via Satalink 150.

elfik.c@gmail.com

Hello there fellow magicians,

My motherboard: Gigabyte K8NXP-Sli nforce4x

Maybe you could help me with this huge problem I have meet. Today I
bought Samsung SpinPoint 2504C 250 GB SATA II drive, and after proper
connection (sata II ports, S_ATA_1) first problem occured. I just don't
why it happen. Currently my BIOS is F11 (newest) version and it could
recognize my hardware in more proffesional way.

So that is what happens:

BIOS don't wan't to boot my PC with SATA II (300) connection. Even if
connected properly, he recognizes and uses SATA I (150) Satalink
controller with my new disk. Weird! If I select Serial ATA - 1 on
"disabled" in BIOS - my PC isn't seeing. If I select Serial ATA - 2 on
enabled, Serial ATA - 1 on disabled still nothing. But as I mention
before, Serial ATA - 1 enabled does run my disk with 1.5 Gps via
Satalink.

It makes me cry, I don't know what's going on. I can't even sleep
How can I force my mobo to use nforce4 SATA II controller instead of
Satalink one?

thank you for your helpfull answers, apprieciated a much!

best regards

Paul.