Help with Cyrix/K6 PentiumIII

Quas.co.ua

Hi there.

Please help.
I have a system with Cyrix MII pr300,
where it is no way to unpack bz2 archive.
At some section it counts bad CRC.

When I obtained newer motherboard with Celleron, problem,
was dissolved.

But I had to return to my old processor and motherboard
same was with K6-2.

Sometimes problems happens with mp3, it jumps between slots.

What is that?
And why does it go?

--Quas.co.ua

Bill Davidsen

Quas.co.ua wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> Please help.
> I have a system with Cyrix MII pr300,
> where it is no way to unpack bz2 archive.
> At some section it counts bad CRC.
>
> When I obtained newer motherboard with Celleron, problem,
> was dissolved.
>
> But I had to return to my old processor and motherboard
> same was with K6-2.
>
> Sometimes problems happens with mp3, it jumps between slots.
>
> What is that?
> And why does it go?

Run a memory test such as memtest86+ and I bet you have memory issues. I
have that CPU and it works perfectly (eventually). You don't have an
i686 version of bzip2 running, do you? I suggest you compile from source
and try again if so.

--
Bill Davidsen <(E-Mail Removed)>

Quas.co.ua

Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Quas.co.ua wrote:
> > Hi there.
> >
> > Please help.
> > I have a system with Cyrix MII pr300,
> > where it is no way to unpack bz2 archive.
> > At some section it counts bad CRC.
> >
> > When I obtained newer motherboard with Celleron, problem,
> > was dissolved.
> >
> > But I had to return to my old processor and motherboard
> > same was with K6-2.
> >
> > Sometimes problems happens with mp3, it jumps between slots.
> >
> > What is that?
> > And why does it go?

> Run a memory test such as memtest86+ and I bet you have memory issues.

Passed, I have it on rescue CD.
At least first pass of testes.

> have that CPU and it works perfectly (eventually).

> You don't have an
> i686 version of bzip2 running, do you?
> I suggest you compile from source
> and try again if so.

Well, I have a kernel compiled for 386 (RedHat 6.0)
And the latest OpenBSD i386 (Which, it seams, does not compiles for 686 at all)

Compiled with make
and came with standard installations of OpenBSD 4.0

It does not work.

What exactly processor do you have?

--Michaelo

May be all the defect processors of the National Semiconductors and the AMD
came in this debilous police militarized country.
It seams they want more.

> --
> Bill Davidsen <(E-Mail Removed)>
> "We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
> the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot

cerco di comprare casa help help help help LOVEART Gateway 0 10-08-2005 01:33 PM
Help Help Help Help Help help me Hardware 0 07-11-2004 11:15 AM
HELP,HELP,HELP ToMi ATI 3 02-05-2004 11:53 PM
Help! Help! Help! sogs IBM 3 01-30-2004 03:05 AM
help! help! help! urgent! Jones Asus 1 12-08-2003 04:53 AM