Help identifying a T43part please

DCA

Folks
I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
dodgy power socket.
HOWEVER
I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking it
out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
support - perhaps?
It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.

Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it belongs?
http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6
http://tinypic.com/r/rm5lxd/6

Many thanks

Bob Villa

On Dec 1, 12:24*pm, DCA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Folks
> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
> dodgy power socket.
> HOWEVER
> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking it
> out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
> support - perhaps?
> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>
> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it belongs?http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6http://...com/r/rm5lxd/6
>
> Many thanks

It looks like an escutcheon (slot cover). I would think you would
notice a hole around the sides though.

bob_v

DCA

Bob Villa wrote:
> On Dec 1, 12:24 pm, DCA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Folks
>> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
>> dodgy power socket.
>> HOWEVER
>> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking it
>> out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
>> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
>> support - perhaps?
>> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
>> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>>
>> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it belongs?http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6http://...com/r/rm5lxd/6
>>
>> Many thanks

> It looks like an escutcheon (slot cover). I would think you would
> notice a hole around the sides though.
>
> bob_v

I thought that too - but no gaps and the pointy bit make a flap unlikely.

Bob Villa

On Dec 2, 10:27*am, DCA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Bob Villa wrote:
> > On Dec 1, 12:24 pm, DCA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Folks
> >> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
> >> dodgy power socket.
> >> HOWEVER
> >> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking it
> >> out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
> >> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
> >> support - perhaps?
> >> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
> >> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.

> >> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it belongs?http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6http://...com/r/rm5lxd/6

> >> Many thanks

> > It looks like an escutcheon (slot cover). *I would think you would
> > notice a hole around the sides though.

> > bob_v

> I thought that too - but no gaps and the pointy bit make a flap unlikely.

If you really need to know, email Ben Myers. Do a Google groups search
and find his email.

bob_v

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
> Folks
> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
> dodgy power socket.
> HOWEVER
> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking
> it out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
> support - perhaps?
> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>
> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it
> belongs? http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6
> http://tinypic.com/r/rm5lxd/6
>
> Many thanks

I have no idea. However the guys at forum.thinkpads surely will.

If anything it looks like it could be a 'side' of the PC Card orifice, or
maybe HDD bay. Just guessing though.

Good luck,
--
Shaun.

DCA

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
>> Folks
>> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
>> dodgy power socket.
>> HOWEVER
>> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking
>> it out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
>> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
>> support - perhaps?
>> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
>> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>>
>> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it
>> belongs? http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6
>> http://tinypic.com/r/rm5lxd/6
>>
>> Many thanks

> I have no idea. However the guys at forum.thinkpads surely will.
>
> If anything it looks like it could be a 'side' of the PC Card orifice, or
> maybe HDD bay. Just guessing though.
>
> Good luck,

Many thanks

DCA

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
>> Folks
>> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to replace a
>> dodgy power socket.
>> HOWEVER
>> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking
>> it out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it over)
>> It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of cable
>> support - perhaps?
>> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
>> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>>
>> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it
>> belongs? http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6
>> http://tinypic.com/r/rm5lxd/6
>>
>> Many thanks

> I have no idea. However the guys at forum.thinkpads surely will.
>
> If anything it looks like it could be a 'side' of the PC Card orifice, or
> maybe HDD bay. Just guessing though.
>
> Good luck,

Hey - and they certainly did identify and place it. Great forum.
Cheers for the pointer

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
>>> Folks
>>> I have totally dismantled and reassembled my Thinkpad T43 to
>>> replace a dodgy power socket.
>>> HOWEVER
>>> I have a part left over and I can't for the life of me recall taking
>>> it out (and so it probably fell out at some point when I flipped it
>>> over) It is a smallish plastic moulding and looks like some sort of
>>> cable support - perhaps?
>>> It has number 67P1358 E126909 on it which a search either shows as a
>>> completely different shape or it comes up with a palm rest moulding.
>>>
>>> Two shots of it here if anyone can try to recognise it and where it
>>> belongs? http://tinypic.com/r/ejc37c/6
>>> http://tinypic.com/r/rm5lxd/6
>>>
>>> Many thanks

>> I have no idea. However the guys at forum.thinkpads surely will.
>>
>> If anything it looks like it could be a 'side' of the PC Card
>> orifice, or maybe HDD bay. Just guessing though.
>>
>> Good luck,

> Hey - and they certainly did identify and place it. Great forum.
> Cheers for the pointer.

Yeah, it's an awesome forum, there are people there who know more about
these older ThinkPads than anyone left at Lenovo now IBM have left them to
their own devices (literally).

Care to share? I'm curious as to what it was.
--
Cheers,
Shaun.

DCA

~misfit~ wrote:
> Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
>> ~misfit~ wrote:

>>> I have no idea. However the guys at forum.thinkpads surely will.
>>>
>>> If anything it looks like it could be a 'side' of the PC Card
>>> orifice, or maybe HDD bay. Just guessing though.
>>>
>>> Good luck,

>> Hey - and they certainly did identify and place it. Great forum.
>> Cheers for the pointer.

> Yeah, it's an awesome forum, there are people there who know more about
> these older ThinkPads than anyone left at Lenovo now IBM have left them to
> their own devices (literally).
>
> Care to share? I'm curious as to what it was.

Yes - sure:
http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82787

I stuck it back with a very small blob of super glue and bobs'ur'uncle
(and luckily, it didn't mean disassembling again!

Cheers
David

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:
> ~misfit~ wrote:
>> Somewhere on teh intarwebs DCA wrote:

>>> Hey - and they certainly did identify and place it. Great forum.
>>> Cheers for the pointer.

>> Yeah, it's an awesome forum, there are people there who know more
>> about these older ThinkPads than anyone left at Lenovo now IBM have
>> left them to their own devices (literally).
>>
>> Care to share? I'm curious as to what it was.

> Yes - sure:
> http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=82787
>
> I stuck it back with a very small blob of super glue and bobs'ur'uncle
> (and luckily, it didn't mean disassembling again!

Cool, thanks.

(I wanted to check if my hunch was right, that it was the 'side' of the PC
Card (PCMCIA) slot recess. The clue for me was the fact that it has guide
'strips' in the moulding that looked like they were part of a locating
mechanism.)

Great site that. I can 'waste' hours just reading threads. Then again I have
2 x R40 (Pentium M version), 2 x R51 (one with a FlexView SXGA+ IPS display
<sweet>) and this T60 (2007-7KU, FlexView of course. I'm hoping it'll last
me a good long time. I shudder contemplating going back to using a TN <spit>
LCD and/or a glossy widescreen display on a computer).
--
Cheers,
Shaun.