Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

Help on Matrox card.

 
 
helmut
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2006, 08:30 AM
Hello all, i found this matrox card in a junked system ..Its a 1997 Pci slot
Matrox 708-01 rev A..It has 2 outputs ..one vga and one 17 pin output...The
mga chip is mga-2164wp-c 972ku200..I think it has 4 mb on board...any info
appreciated especially what the second output does and where drivers can be
found.
Thanks.
Steven.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Stephen Howard
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:30:43 +0800, "helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hello all, i found this matrox card in a junked system ..Its a 1997 Pci slot
>Matrox 708-01 rev A..It has 2 outputs ..one vga and one 17 pin output...The
>mga chip is mga-2164wp-c 972ku200..I think it has 4 mb on board...any info
>appreciated especially what the second output does and where drivers can be
>found.


Sounds like a Matrox Millenium.
Details and drivers should be on the Matrox site.

Great card in its day, something of a museum piece these days.

Regards,



--
Stephen Howard - Woodwind repairs & period restorations
www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Emails to: showard{whoisat}shwoodwind{dot}co{dot}uk
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jorgen Grahn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
On Mon, 15 May 2006 11:38:07 +0100, Stephen Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 May 2006 16:30:43 +0800, "helmut" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>Hello all, i found this matrox card in a junked system ..Its a 1997 Pci slot
>>Matrox 708-01 rev A..It has 2 outputs ..one vga and one 17 pin output...The
>>mga chip is mga-2164wp-c 972ku200..I think it has 4 mb on board...any info
>>appreciated especially what the second output does and where drivers can be
>>found.

>
> Sounds like a Matrox Millenium.


There were different Milleniums. However ...

> Details and drivers should be on the Matrox site.


.... I had little trouble finding the details on the Matrox site
when I got my junked 1995--1996 cards two years ago.

> Great card in its day, something of a museum piece these days.


Still enough for everyday use, except the cards I got didn't have the
RAM required for 1600x1200 in 24-bit. Possibly they had problems with
1600x1024 in general, too.

-Jorgen

--
// Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
\X/ snipabacken.dyndns.org> R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
 
      08-05-2008, 02:20 AM
I have one just like the one described
but with a VGA and 15 pin out, I looked at
the matrox site and it's not there.
I need to know what it can do.

Please help me,

RMS
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matrox G400 please need help w/ MSI KT4V Ken Matrox 3 08-09-2004 09:16 PM
Help Help Help Help Help help me Hardware 0 07-11-2004 11:15 AM
Matrox VFW help GumbyLives Matrox 0 06-09-2004 12:59 AM
Matrox and C++ ... need help ! E.F. Matrox 0 12-29-2003 06:25 PM
Please Help..Matrox Marvel G400 out to VCR takitimu Matrox 8 06-28-2003 09:35 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:27 PM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment