Help Me Please! I have a old SB Live 5.1 Digital card with the live drive but I lost the install CD!

Moondog

I had it boxed up for a while but brought it out to go in a new PC I
built. Everything seems to work but with out the original install CD
I cant install the remote control software! Why dont they have a full
install version on the www.sblive.com ???

Does anyone know where i can get the install CD? Does Creative still
have copies they can send me?

Oh and one other thing...

I have the DTT 3500 Digital sound system to go with it. But with the
SPDIF DIN Cabe connected to the Digital out on the sound card and into
the Digital DIN in on the sound AMP I get only sound from the front
right and left speakers. Nothing from the center or rear speakers!
Not even in Voice test mode! I checked all the cables and everything
seems to be plugged in right...

Thanks for any help!

Moondog

Sharanga Dayananda

Try downloading the latest RemoteCentre from www.soundblaster.com. The
download won't install manually. 'tis a self-extracting archive, simply
unzip the files with WinZip and run the installation from the setup.exe
two directory levels beneath the extracted level. It should install fine
then and not complain about not having an existing installation.

As for the DTT3500, you need to use the SPDIF cable which came with yer
DTT3500s. Any old cable won't do as this is acutally 3 parallel SPDIFs
in one cable.

Moondog wrote:
> I had it boxed up for a while but brought it out to go in a new PC I
> built. Everything seems to work but with out the original install CD
> I cant install the remote control software! Why dont they have a full
> install version on the www.sblive.com ???
>
> Does anyone know where i can get the install CD? Does Creative still
> have copies they can send me?
>
> Oh and one other thing...
>
> I have the DTT 3500 Digital sound system to go with it. But with the
> SPDIF DIN Cabe connected to the Digital out on the sound card and into
> the Digital DIN in on the sound AMP I get only sound from the front
> right and left speakers. Nothing from the center or rear speakers!
> Not even in Voice test mode! I checked all the cables and everything
> seems to be plugged in right...
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Moondog

DIGITAL Toner, DIGITAL Ink Cartridges, DIGITAL Ribbons Jacobs HP 0 08-03-2010 10:27 AM
Want to run Sound Blaster Live & Live Drive II along with exsisting sound card mechman Soundblaster Live 0 11-10-2006 02:52 PM
old SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 digital out cable to receiver Duke Robillard Soundblaster Live 1 11-15-2005 03:05 PM
Old XPS-R, Lost CD Drive and Tape Drive Dell 5 06-10-2005 03:18 PM
Dolby Digital sound through coaxial digital SPDIF output from SB Live? Andrew Widgery Soundcards 2 12-09-2003 01:24 PM