Help! - Need Bios Flash for Emachines S1940 (FIC AM37L)

Jerry

Can anyone tell me where to find a Bios Flash (file) for this
motherboard? A power surge has corrupted the bios
and I need to reflash it.

Alex Zorrilla

I wish I did. I see that FIC has the AM37 and AM37S listed on their
website and FTP site, but nothing for the AM37L. Have you tried asking
eMachines tech support?

If there is anyone out here with an AM37L (various models of eMachines),
I suppose they could take their existing BIOS and save it to a floppy.
So if there is anyone out there with one of these boards......

Jerry wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where to find a Bios Flash (file) for this
> motherboard? A power surge has corrupted the bios
> and I need to reflash it.

ABoretz

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:54:01 -0600, Jerry <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Can anyone tell me where to find a Bios Flash (file) for this
>motherboard? A power surge has corrupted the bios
>and I need to reflash it.

Does this help?
http://www.bios-drivers.com/companies/365.htm

Jerry

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 12:49:40 -0600, Alex Zorrilla <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I wish I did. I see that FIC has the AM37 and AM37S listed on their
>website and FTP site, but nothing for the AM37L. Have you tried asking
>eMachines tech support?

Yes - They sent me to FIC. And FIC has an announcement on their Bios
page that says something like: "We do not support OEM boards" - which
in this case refers to the AM37L model.

>If there is anyone out here with an AM37L (various models of eMachines),
>I suppose they could take their existing BIOS and save it to a floppy.
>So if there is anyone out there with one of these boards......

That would be great - Does anyone have an Emachines Model S1940?
And if so, could you run the flash program to save the Bios File for
me? TIA . . .

>Jerry wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me where to find a Bios Flash (file) for this
>> motherboard? A power surge has corrupted the bios
>> and I need to reflash it.

Roger Hunt

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Alex Zorrilla typed this :
>I wish I did. I see that FIC has the AM37 and AM37S listed on their
>website and FTP site, but nothing for the AM37L. Have you tried asking
>eMachines tech support?

I had a look at emachines tech support and they do offer the S1940 BIOS,
but at a price :
http://www.esupport.com/global/model.cfm?model=6249

Clicking the green BIOS Update button takes us to the page where they
casually mention that it costs $29.95!

Robbery!
--
Roger Hunt