Help Needed for No Sound

Tom Robertson

A few days ago, I was opening a program I had used many times. It
doesn't use any sound. It wouldn't open and something else came on
the screen which referred to sound. I have no idea what I clicked,
but now, I have no sound, which had worked fine before. I get a
message which has been discussed on the Web, but I have yet to see how
to fix it. It says "MMSYSTEM002 A device ID has been used that is out
of range for your system." I looked in device manager for my sound
card but couldn't even find it. Every time I boot up, it seeks for
drivers for my "new" hardware but can't find any. I hope that all I
need to do is download a new driver for my sound card, but I don't
even know whow to tell what my sound card is.