Help needed--SBLive Platinum 5.1 troubles--can't get front end to work

Phin

I was wondering if someone can help. I am using SBLive Platinum 5.1 on
W2k, I installed the drivers for that W2k, but the front end, the
jacks and input in the front are not working (they were working before
on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
help is greatly appreciated.

-=-Phin

Sagan@PaleBlue.Com

Forgive me for asking the obvious, but

1) Did you use the original flat cable, (because although it looks like
one, it is not a standard IDE cable), and
2) Did you reconnect the power?

Again, I'm sorry if these are too obvious, but if I had a nickel...

HTH

\\m//

"Phin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was wondering if someone can help. I am using SBLive Platinum 5.1 on
> W2k, I installed the drivers for that W2k, but the front end, the
> jacks and input in the front are not working (they were working before
> on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
> help is greatly appreciated.
>
> -=-Phin

empireAA

"Phin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was wondering if someone can help. I am using SBLive Platinum 5.1 on
> W2k, I installed the drivers for that W2k, but the front end, the
> jacks and input in the front are not working (they were working before
> on another machine that had W98SE). How can I get them to work? Any
> help is greatly appreciated.
>
> -=-Phin

Did you use the WDM drivers that came with XP or from windows update? If you
did, get rid of them , they're crap. Use the driver pack from Creative
itself.