Help. No game port detected on KT600???

Bubba Gump

Has anyone else run into this?

I have a KT600 Dragon Ultra Platinum. In back is a 15 pin (one row of
seven, one row of 8) header labeled "GAME1". I plugged the supplied game
port connector, but Windows (XP Pro) does not detect a game port (even with
a joystick plugged in). And there is no "game port" setting in the BIOS,
(updated to latest rev), so I don't even know if it even supports a game
port.

Anyone else with a working game port on their KT600 experience this?
(Soyo's website/knowledge-base is no help).

Thanks.
--
-*- Bubba -*-

Rick Hallman

I am looking at a downloaded manual for a SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v1.0 and in
the BIOS settings in the SuperIO Device section it shows 3 settings for the
GAME Port Address. (201, 209 and Disabled) If the onboard Sound is disabled
I think it disables the onboard game port also. Hope this helps.