Angelus

Please read entire post as it is in parts.

Hi All ;

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to you computer.
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart if this
screen appears again, follow these steps.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If
this is a new installion ask you hardware or software manufacturer for any
windows updates you might need.
If problems continue disabe or remove any newly installed hardware or
software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use saft mode to remove or diable componets. restart your
computer, press F8 to select advanced startup options, then select saft
mode.
Technical Information
.... STOP 0x0000000A (0x00000166, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804F5BC0)

i got a Matrox Parhelia 128MB, driver 1.7.0.89, BIOS 1.4-20
also i got DirectX 9.0b (4.09.0000.0902)
Microft XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600)

This is the reply i got from my graphics card manufacturer;
"Try the following steps in this exact order.

1. Uninstall your drivers with the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel
or use the Parhelia Powerdesk uninstaller from here
http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr.../ftp_util2.cfm .
Also remove the dot NET and any update for the dot NET from Microsoft.
2. Reboot and go in your system BIOS.
3. Be sure that USB is enabled, PNP OS set to YES, Assign IRQ to VGA enabled
and AGP aperture size set to 256 or the highest.
4. Boot in normal mode.
5. Upon detection of the card install drivers from windows list only or
cancel the install wizard. Do not install Matrox drivers at this point.
6. Install any available update from Microsoft. Install the dot NET 1.1 from
Microsoft.
7. Install the latest patches for the chipset of your motherboard from the
chipset manufacturer.
8. Reboot.
9. Install the latest Matrox drivers from here by running the setup once the
files have been extracted."

-------------------------------
I did steps 1 to 8 but after the restart, the BIOS i installed for my board
was wrong or something and now my comp just hangs at the very begining of
the start up.

before the update my bios version was P15 and i tried to update it to P25
Intel® Express BIOS update [MVAP25EB.EXE] <<< thats the file name i used.

heres a link to my motherboard
http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/mv2/index.htm

http://support.intel.com/support/mot...ktop/d850emv2/

http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../mv2_howto.htm

boads jumper settings
http://support.intel.com/support/mot.../CS-010586.htm

while i updated or before i was never asked to create a recovery disk for my
boards BIOS, but i have my boards installer cd iam hoping that i can make a
recovery disk with that.

URGENT - Pls help...pls recommend - laptop purchase irfansmith@gmail.com Laptops 51 09-12-2008 01:44 AM
Need help here ...pls help Stealth ATI 2 08-25-2005 11:02 AM
Help!!! Pls Help! pokka HP 0 08-28-2004 11:39 AM
help pls.... Angelus Abit 0 08-12-2004 10:15 PM
ax6bc pro and cpu speed problem, pls help AOpen 3 06-08-2004 08:59 AM