HELP: How to recover HP Pavillion dv5000 without disks??

JanGun

Hi!

We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
prosess??

Thanks alot!!!

Herman D. Knoble

See:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00372703
On 29 Aug 2006 07:26:30 -0700, "JanGun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

-|Hi!
-|
-|We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
-|installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
-|think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
-|possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
-|prosess??
-|
-|Thanks alot!!!

jani

i repeatedly pressed the F11 key when the HP logo appearded and nothing
happends.
i have tried almoust everything and i'm loosing the battle.

Herman D. Knoble kirjoitti:

> See:
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00372703
> On 29 Aug 2006 07:26:30 -0700, "JanGun" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> -|Hi!
> -|
> -|We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
> -|installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
> -|think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
> -|possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
> -|prosess??
> -|
> -|Thanks alot!!!

Dan

JanGun wrote:
> Hi!
>
> We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
> installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
> think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
> possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
> prosess??
>
> Thanks alot!!!

Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
disk set (if they are still available for that model).

NoNoBadDog!

news:hKmKg.11588$(E-Mail Removed)...
> JanGun wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
>> installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
>> think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
>> possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
>> prosess??
>>
>> Thanks alot!!!
>>

> Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
> partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
> disk set (if they are still available for that model).

This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD or
DVD set.

Bobby

Frank Slootweg

NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hKmKg.11588$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > JanGun wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> We have this hp pavillion 5247eu laptop. What happend was that we
> >> installed win xp pro without creating original recovery disk set. I
> >> think recovery partition is untouched so my question is that is it
> >> possible to create those disk's or some other way to start the recovery
> >> prosess??
> >>
> >> Thanks alot!!!
> >>

> > Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
> > partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
> > disk set (if they are still available for that model).

> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD or
> DVD set.
>
> Bobby

No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
(CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.

I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
repair/re-install media.

NoNoBadDog!

"Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44fac3dc$0$85612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:hKmKg.11588$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > Sorry to say that HP laptops generally do not come with a recovery
>> > partition. You will most likely have to go to HP to purchase a recovery
>> > disk set (if they are still available for that model).

>> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
>> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
>> or
>> DVD set.
>>
>> Bobby

> No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
> dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
> have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
> (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
> come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
>
> I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
> for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
> repair/re-install media.

*EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
computer.

Bobby

Frank Slootweg

NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:44fac3dc$0$85612$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >>
> >> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:hKmKg.11588$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
> >> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
> >> or
> >> DVD set.
> >>
> >> Bobby

> > No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
> > dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
> > have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
> > (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
> > come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
> >
> > I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
> > for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
> > repair/re-install media.

> *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
> There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
> to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
> computer.

"ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
"regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
clearly shows that's not always the case.

Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).

So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
experience is different than that of other people.

Ben Myers

"ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation." Who requires this?
Micro$oft? Was legislation passed by Congress? Please be more specific, and
also quote your sources for this information, rather than simply responding in
generalities... Ben Myers

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 08:25:30 -1000, "NoNoBadDog!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:44fac3dc$0$85612$(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>> "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:hKmKg.11588$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> This is complete bullhockey. Every HP laptop comes with a recovery
>>> partition and an application that allows you to make your own restore CD
>>> or
>>> DVD set.
>>>
>>> Bobby

>> No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
>> dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
>> have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
>> (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current* models
>> come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install media.
>>
>> I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
>> for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
>> repair/re-install media.

>*EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
>There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the user
>to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
>computer.
>

>Bobby

NoNoBadDog!

"Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44fb25d1$0$14199$(E-Mail Removed)...
> NoNoBadDog! <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> "Frank Slootweg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:44fac3dc$0$85612$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> > No, it's not "complete bullhockey". As Dan said, it is *model
>> > dependent*. For example my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does not
>> > have a recovery partition but does come with full repair/re-install
>> > (CD/DVD) media. But perhaps it's fair to say that *newer/current*
>> > models
>> > come either with a recovery partition *or* with repair/re-install
>> > media.
>> >
>> > I would be interested to hear if there are any newer/current models
>> > for which this is not the case (i.e. no recovery partition and no
>> > repair/re-install media.

>> *EVERY* HP laptop has it. ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation.
>> There are no exceptions. HP/Compaq also have a utility that allows the
>> user
>> to delete the partition, which is probably what happened on your wife's
>> computer.

> "ALL OEMS are required to have it by regulation."? *Whose*
> "regulation"? If there's any "regulation", i.e. by Microsoft, then it's
> to supply as little as possible, i.e. no media, and my (wife's) example
> clearly shows that's not always the case.
>
> Anyway, as I said, my wife's HP Pavilion dv4205 notebook does *not*
> have a recovery partition, and no, it was not deleted but just never
> existed. Not to mention that it would be rather silly and wasteful to
> have both (a recovery partition and repair/re-install media).
>
> So please don't talk absolutes, just because *your* information/
> experience is different than that of other people.

Your wife's dv42005 comes with the partition (10GB) and the utility to
create the set of CDs from it.

The FTC mandated that all computers sold at consumer retail products within
the US have the capability to restore the computer, either as a set of discs
or as a restore partition.

HP does partitions, on all models sold within the U.S. If you do not
believe me, email them.

Bobby

Pavilion dv5000 USB problem Bela HP 12 06-25-2010 07:25 PM
Pavillion's RECOVER partition Myron Bennett HP 0 12-31-2007 02:30 PM
hp pavilion dv5133eu (dv5000 serie) mono headphone output admon.sistemas@hotmail.com HP 2 11-07-2006 06:49 PM
USB Problem on my HP Pavilion dv5000 Bekkalokk@gmail.com HP 2 09-12-2006 09:33 PM
HP Pavilion DV5000 and Windows 98 problem Fy Laptops 0 04-22-2006 01:31 AM