HELP with Shuttle SS51G V2!!!!

Big Sky

I got my SS51G V2 configured with HD, CDRW, 512MB, P4 2.2, FD, and Nvidia
5600 Ultra card. I set up the BIOS by turning off shadowing, use the AGP
vice PCI card, and fixing the date/time then booted to the CD. Win2000 Pro
began the set up routines, formated the hard drive, loaded more set up files
and, after a long time, rebooted. All the it seemed to be booting fine (HD
light, keyboard LEDs, etc) however there was no video signal from the video
card (monitor remained blank). Rebooting didn't fix this so I tried
connecting the monitor cable to the integrated video port. Still no
signal. I verified the monitor is working fine. What am I doing wrong? I
know it doesn't help that I don't have the original Shuttle drivers disk
(got it NIB from eBay but it was missing the CD) but I never got to the
point that the OS was fully loaded so I could install the drivers I
downloaded from their website. Ahhhhh!!!! I needed this thing working
tonight for my son's New Year party. Please help.

Thanks,

BigSky

Scott C

I had similar problem with DVI card / video connector, disabled the VGA,
could not get the screen on.. had to reset the CMOS before it worked again.
Still don't have it working on DVI.. using the analog VGA now.

sc

"Big Sky" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsvlBd.15067$CH5.4803@fed1read01...
> I got my SS51G V2 configured with HD, CDRW, 512MB, P4 2.2, FD, and Nvidia
> 5600 Ultra card. I set up the BIOS by turning off shadowing, use the AGP
> vice PCI card, and fixing the date/time then booted to the CD. Win2000

Pro
> began the set up routines, formated the hard drive, loaded more set up

files
> and, after a long time, rebooted. All the it seemed to be booting fine

(HD
> light, keyboard LEDs, etc) however there was no video signal from the

video
> card (monitor remained blank). Rebooting didn't fix this so I tried
> connecting the monitor cable to the integrated video port. Still no
> signal. I verified the monitor is working fine. What am I doing wrong?

> know it doesn't help that I don't have the original Shuttle drivers disk
> (got it NIB from eBay but it was missing the CD) but I never got to the
> point that the OS was fully loaded so I could install the drivers I
> downloaded from their website. Ahhhhh!!!! I needed this thing working
> tonight for my son's New Year party. Please help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> BigSky

Big Sky

Well, I feel stupid. When I removed my hand after resetting the BIOS, my
finger caught on something. On closer examination, the ends of both SIMMs
were not seated in the sockets. Imagine my surprise.....

Scott, BTW do you own a SS51G version 2? I'm looking for a copy of the
original CD that shipped with this unit. My eBay merchant gave me a new in
box computer minus the disk and manual. Of course he wouldn't return any
emails. Anyway, I'd be willing to reimburse for the CD and postage. My
main concern is getting all the drivers right. I downloaded the sound,
agp, video, and ide SIS drivers. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a
chipset driver I missed. Didn't see any on the Shuttle to SIS websites but
its mentioned in the manual. Any thoughts? Maybe I already have everything
I need. At least the computer seems to be working fine. Overclocks nicely
too.

Thanks,

Big SKy
news:2TQBd.6218$(E-Mail Removed) m...