Hey...I have a VA-10 that confuses my Mobile Duron...

John Stimac

Hey all! :-)
My problem stems from the fact , apparently, that my Duron 1.2 GHz processor
is a MOBILE.
Therefore, from what I have read on CPU-WORLD.COM , it has a "low-power"
mode setting, that slows it down to a operating frequency of 500 MHz...in a
kinda' sleep-yet-function mode.
If I increase the processor's voltage, will that take it out of this
particular phase of operation?

THanks. in advance....

- HAL9000

I have heard of Intel cpu's slowing down (intelligently) but not for
AMD cpu's. Do you have a link?

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 18:04:35 GMT, "John Stimac"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey all! :-)
>My problem stems from the fact , apparently, that my Duron 1.2 GHz processor
>is a MOBILE.
>Therefore, from what I have read on CPU-WORLD.COM , it has a "low-power"
>mode setting, that slows it down to a operating frequency of 500 MHz...in a
>kinda' sleep-yet-function mode.
>If I increase the processor's voltage, will that take it out of this
>particular phase of operation?
>
>THanks. in advance....

Bird JanitorŪ

- HAL9000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have heard of Intel cpu's slowing down (intelligently) but not for
| AMD cpu's. Do you have a link?

Forrest -

Look for PowerNow! on AMD's website. Their mobile processors have featured
this for some time.

Jef

- HAL9000

Right. PowerNow has been around for awhile but I wasn't aware that
reducing the running frequency was one of it's characteristics...

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.comcast.net/~mobo.help/

On Sat, 18 Mar 2006 23:45:04 GMT, "Bird JanitorŪ"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>- HAL9000" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>|I have heard of Intel cpu's slowing down (intelligently) but not for
>| AMD cpu's. Do you have a link?
>|

>Forrest -
>
>Look for PowerNow! on AMD's website. Their mobile processors have featured
>this for some time.
>
>Jef

- HAL9000

I've used "rain" and "cpuidle" in the past on K6-2 processors. You
might try their web pages to see if they do what you want.

http://www.cpuidle.de/

Not sure what Rain's web page is...

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey all! :-)
>My problem stems from the fact , apparently, that my Duron 1.2 GHz processor
>is a MOBILE.
>Therefore, from what I have read on CPU-WORLD.COM , it has a "low-power"
>mode setting, that slows it down to a operating frequency of 500 MHz...in a
>kinda' sleep-yet-function mode.
>If I increase the processor's voltage, will that take it out of this
>particular phase of operation?
>
>THanks. in advance....

cheap LG Mobile Motorola Mobile Nokia Mobile Philips MobileSony-ericsson Mobile yuwenwu004@gmail.com Apple 0 12-09-2007 09:02 PM
Re: ghost confuses me Keith Vickers Epox 3 07-08-2003 11:53 AM
Re: ghost confuses me Margaret Wilson Epox 5 07-06-2003 03:13 PM
Re: ghost confuses me Len Epox 0 07-04-2003 03:52 AM
Re: ghost confuses me Ed_ Epox 0 07-03-2003 06:56 PM