Yvonne

Hi!

I have a problem and I don't know where I can find the answer. I wonder if
anyone can help me? I need to know the name of this motherboard and and
which company it comes from.

The only text I can find on the board is IA-P4. It has vga, network, sound,
2x usb, 1 agp and 3 pci. It is ATX, socket 478 and for DDR-memory.

Does anyone recognize this board?

Thanks for your time
Yvonne

Jure Sah

Yvonne wrote:
> Hi!

"Hi!" is a poor choice of subject.

> I have a problem and I don't know where I can find the answer. I wonder if
> anyone can help me? I need to know the name of this motherboard and and
> which company it comes from.

The best way is that you check out on the websites of bigger motherboard
manufacturers for their "chipset identification utility" or something
along those lines. Should get you the name you can use to look for
drivers accurately.

> The only text I can find on the board is IA-P4. It has vga, network, sound,
> 2x usb, 1 agp and 3 pci. It is ATX, socket 478 and for DDR-memory.

Well I don't have such a board for one. And the only thing I can read
from what you've said is that it has Instruction Architecture for
Pentium 4 (which is weird because as far as I know, motherboards have
nothing to do with the instruction architecture... but it should
indicate the the only thing you can stick in this board is either a
Celeron D or a Pentium 4).

Check to see if there is any sticker or label on the chipset... that
would be any big square chip on the motherboard (if the chipset chip has
a cooler on it there's no sticker underneath but there may be a sticker
or label on the other big square chips). This unlikely candidate for
clues may give you something to Google with to get the full name of the
board.

Once you have approximately identified the board, search the internet
for images. With a picture you'll be able to accurately identify the
board and avoid problems such as installing the wrong driver or
missmatching a BIOS upgrade.

Good luck.

--
Model: INFJ