Jonathan h

I have a va503+ with a sb live card and a g-force 4 card. it's clocking 500
MHz with 384 Mb of ram running windows 2000. when I play a song with
Windows media player, it plays great. but when I have the graphics turned
on, such as the swirly ambient thingy, the song becomes incredibly choppy
and slow. furthermore, I just bought Soldier Of Fortune 2 and installed it.
it starts fine, but once I fire a few times, and some explosions go off, it
becomes choppy like lag on a modem game and the volume breaks up and
scatters. SOF worked fine and so did Ghost Recon, but those were both before
the new card. but i have had this problem before the new card with the
music on WMP. GTA3 works okay, it gets a little bogged down at time, but
never any broken sound, and Swat 3 is interesting, because it only has the
sound problem on loading screens, where as with SOF2, the loading screens
are the only thing that doesn't act up. I saw you guys joking 503+'s in
early posts, but trust me. I didn't build the thing, nor would I keep this
cpu if I had the money for a Pentium 4. is there anyone that knows what may
be my problem, outside of the fact that I'm using an over clocked 503+?
believe it or not, during heavy attacks on Beach Head 2000, it actually gets
bogged. that game would play fine on a Tandy 1000. what's up?

Kevin D

You didn't list what CPU you're using....

Den

"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

Den
--
Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

Den

"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

Den
--
Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

Den

"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

Den
--
Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

Den

"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

Den
--
Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

Robert

I believe you are experiencing PCI bus hogging. Might be the GF4 or the
SBLive. It might help to update the drivers (GF4, SBLive and VIA 4 in 1),
but only if you are using really old ones. The latest drivers might not be
the best. Also, check this out: http://www.deinmeister.de/mvp3_zlt_e.htm
"Jonathan h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bY5Oa.10016$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a va503+ with a sb live card and a g-force 4 card. it's clocking

500
> MHz with 384 Mb of ram running windows 2000. when I play a song with
> Windows media player, it plays great. but when I have the graphics turned
> on, such as the swirly ambient thingy, the song becomes incredibly choppy
> and slow. furthermore, I just bought Soldier Of Fortune 2 and installed

it.
> it starts fine, but once I fire a few times, and some explosions go off,

it
> becomes choppy like lag on a modem game and the volume breaks up and
> scatters. SOF worked fine and so did Ghost Recon, but those were both

before
> the new card. but i have had this problem before the new card with the
> music on WMP. GTA3 works okay, it gets a little bogged down at time, but
> never any broken sound, and Swat 3 is interesting, because it only has the
> sound problem on loading screens, where as with SOF2, the loading screens
> are the only thing that doesn't act up. I saw you guys joking 503+'s in
> early posts, but trust me. I didn't build the thing, nor would I keep

this
> cpu if I had the money for a Pentium 4. is there anyone that knows what

may
> be my problem, outside of the fact that I'm using an over clocked 503+?
> believe it or not, during heavy attacks on Beach Head 2000, it actually

gets
> bogged. that game would play fine on a Tandy 1000. what's up?

Den

"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message news:3F08FF29.70506@des_nospam_enterprises.net...
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

But its good to note a g-force 4 card being used on the 503+

Den
--
Sig what sig its only a random collection of characters

Jonathan h

amd k6-2
"Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message
> You didn't list what CPU you're using....

Jonathan h

"Robert Akins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kw6Pa.59803$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Could you be a little more specific please- what was the original speed?
> What are you using for a heatsink/fan? Plenty of cooling in the case?
> "Jonathan h" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:UcmOa.11840$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > amd k6-2
> > "Kevin D" <Kevin@des_nospam_enterprises.net> wrote in message
> > > You didn't list what CPU you're using....

original speed is 500. it's not over clocked. my bad. it has no problems
outside of the one mentioned, and the problem has existed before the g-force
4 card.