How hot is too hot??

MZB

S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
45-49C and has hit 50C.

Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)

Mel

S.Lewis

"MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qWNyg.5683$(E-Mail Removed)...
> S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
> 45-49C and has hit 50C.
>
> Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)
>
> Mel

No.

Ben Myers

50 degrees centigrade is around 120 Fahrenheit, just a little too hot to the
touch. Not a problem... Ben Myers

On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 14:38:15 -0400, "MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
>45-49C and has hit 50C.
>
>Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)
>
>Mel

Brian K

I believe over 55* C is a cause for concern.

"MZB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qWNyg.5683$(E-Mail Removed)...
> S-ware indicates my HD temp is typcially 42 C, but it often is between
> 45-49C and has hit 50C.
>
> Is that too hot (Inspiron 2200)
>
> Mel

lgreenwood@srt.com

It seems to me that about all you can do is observe your hd temp under
different conditions and come with an average temp to shoot for and
maintain and, if possible, stay away from those conditions that drive
up the temps.

While the hd may be built to take a high heat load, the hot temps
cannot be good for the hd bearings.

In my m600D, quite literally the hottest brand going, I try to keep the
hd under 100 degrees F (38 C.). In the house with a/c that's pretty
easy to do as my main use is word processing which does not seem to
drive up the hd temp. In fact when I am inside the hottest hd temp
centers about 92-95 F.

However, in your case, the best it sounds like the best you can do is
keep it around 45-49 C. Sounds high to me, but then that may be just
the nature of your machine. What you saved on the purchase price,
you may end up spending on replacing hds.

When I am outside without a/c I have to use a laptop cooler to keep the
hard drive under 100 F.

Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB AOpen 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT BoB Asus 1 11-02-2003 12:20 PM
Virus Virus Virus, Was: HOT HOT HOT Don Taylor Abit 0 11-01-2003 11:23 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman AOpen 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM
Re: HOT HOT HOT David H. Lipman Chaintech 0 11-01-2003 09:58 PM