hotkey to minimize a window

Martin Frost me at stanford daht edu

Under 10.3.5, is there a way to define a hotkey (such as option-F9) to
minimize the current window (like pushing the yellow button)?

Thanks,
Martin

James Meiss

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Martin Frost me at stanford daht edu <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Under 10.3.5, is there a way to define a hotkey (such as option-F9) to
> minimize the current window (like pushing the yellow button)?

In most applications it is command-M. If you have an application that
has a menu called "minimize window" or similar, but which doesn't
respond to cmd-M, then you can use the "Keyboard and Mouse" preference
pane to set this up (usually...though I couldn't get this to work with
some apps).

--
James Meiss
<http://amath.colorado.edu/faculty/jdm>

How to minimize power consumption w/ external mouse workingteacher@gmail.com Laptops 9 04-01-2007 03:49 PM
I can't minimize a Finder window Vincent.Maggio@gmail.com Apple 3 12-18-2006 06:52 PM
minimize icons michal Tablet PC 5 10-26-2004 10:12 PM
minimize icons michal Tablet PC 0 10-24-2004 10:17 PM
AIW 8500DV auto minimize while playing RavenShield Russ ATI 0 10-21-2003 12:00 PM